Message from Erik Alonso

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Erik has now changed his cover photo on Twitter to a picture of Hillsborough.

lol

a very strange situation. Is he just another Geoff Sheard or is he actually more involved than we think. He has even posted a YouTube video of us winning promotion 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

Everything is so odd at the moment. Clearly some sort of power struggle between Alonso and Paxo. 

However I hope the clubs goes with Alonso & WBD sports. Who have clear workings with some successful elite clubs, amongst other decently run clubs such as Leicester, Southampton and even Cardiff. 

Paxo has only been connected too Doyen and you only have to search their name to understand they are a cancer amongst football. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Everything is so odd at the moment. Clearly some sort of power struggle between Alonso and Paxo. 

However I hope the clubs goes with Alonso & WBD sports. Who have clear workings with some successful elite clubs, amongst other decently run clubs such as Leicester, Southampton and even Cardiff. 

Paxo has only been connected too Doyen and you only have to search their name to understand they are a cancer amongst football. 

Have they been involved with Leicester and Southampton? Not seen that. 

40 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

He's clearly had a look and realised this is where he can find his niche. Paxo is faceless and despised, so if he comes across as fan PR etc, then he gets people on his side. 

Hopefully there's actually some substance behind all this PR stuff he's doing and he's not just a salesman. 

Presumably he has spotted the fact that the club communicate virtually nothing, so trying to build fan advocacy by actually saying something and trying to look like he cares

A cunning master plan.... just like . Baldrick's......

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Have they been involved with Leicester and Southampton? Not seen that. 

According to their website they’ve links too...

Los Angeles FC

Atlanta United

Toronto

New York City

LA Galaxy

Lyon

PSG

Monaco

FC Barcelona

Inter Milan

RB Leipzig

Braga

Leicester 

Man Utd

Porto

Cardiff

Wolves

Sporting Lisbon

Benfica

Man City

Southampton 

Spurs

Stuttgart 

Liverpool

Bayern

Gladbach

Arsenal

Dortmund

https://www.wbdsports.com/clubs

If Erik Alonso wants to win over the fans in a big way I would suggest that he persuade DC to take on Paul Cook as our next Manager.

If Cook comes in and we survive relegation  (he probabl;y has the best chance given his track record) it will be a great achievement.

Fans will be very grateful not only to Paul Cook but also to Erik Alonso for making the appointment happen.

• Haha 2

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Los Angeles FC

Atlanta United

Toronto

New York City

LA Galaxy

Lyon

PSG

Monaco

FC Barcelona

Inter Milan

RB Leipzig

Braga

Leicester 

Man Utd

Porto

Cardiff

Wolves

Sporting Lisbon

Benfica

Man City

Southampton 

Spurs

Stuttgart 

Liverpool

Bayern

Gladbach

Arsenal

Dortmund

It means they follow them all on Twitter

7 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Los Angeles FC

Atlanta United

Toronto

New York City

LA Galaxy

Lyon

PSG

Monaco

FC Barcelona

Inter Milan

RB Leipzig

Braga

Leicester 

Man Utd

Porto

Cardiff

Wolves

Sporting Lisbon

Benfica

Man City

Southampton 

Spurs

Stuttgart 

Liverpool

Bayern

Gladbach

Arsenal

Dortmund

That’s a lot of links. Never heard of them before.

Guest mrbluesky
51 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

As if one parasite wasn’t enough.

I am going to reserve judgement, but I fear he is if player profiles are anything to go by on the website

28 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Alonso and his partner Sumal, and the companies No Limits Sports and WBD Sports are not FA registered intermediaries

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/intermediaries/fa-registered-intermediaries-list

So how are they working with these elite clubs?

Before jumping out of the frying pan into the fire have you tried checking out WBD Capital & WBD Sports?

• Thanks 1

It’s a bit of a bummer the pubs being shut, and international travel being curtailed. I can’t seem to agree where or when we can meet up to hear about his proposals for the club.

Sorry, can’t vet him for you yet. Will let you know about Disco Pepé once I’ve found anything out.

Mrs DBowl might know something about him though. I might ask her.

😇

• Like 1

Interestingly on Erik/WBD’s website one of their clients is Wu Lei. The Chinese player who plays for Espanyol.

We played Espanyol in a friendly the other year. A lot of Chinese fans turned up to watch Wu Lei as he’s huge over in China.

Maybe there’s some kind of connection there?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Interestingly on Erik/WBD’s website one of their clients is Wu Lei. The Chinese player who plays for Espanyol.

We played Espanyol in a friendly the other year. A lot of Chinese fans turned up to watch Wu Lei as he’s huge over in China.

Maybe there’s some kind of connection there?

We’ll end up with his brother Pu Lei

• Haha 2

The LinkedIn description of WBD Capital is cut and pasted from the OSO website, OSO being a company group owned by wealthy Indonesian politician and businessman Oesman Sapta Odang. Alonso knows his son Raja Sapta Oktohari who is also a boxing promoter. But is WBD Capital Management and subsidiary WBD Sports part of the OSO group as suggested here?

image.png.01894c1e0fcd15d687cbc02408afd99d.pngimage.png.9c9427ed8027dfeae61e796009f8564e.png

image.png

Edited by HarrowbyOwl
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1