Message from Erik Alonso

Proper, well-run football clubs do not have so-called advisers going on social media to air gripes and placate fans with memes and YouTube videos.

Back in the day, I was very critical when the likes of Strafford and others came on here to *engage* with fans. It's never a good idea, it really isn't and it just screams of things going south off the pitch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It is his facebook account and the link is from his 'additional contact details'. Surely he would just remove it if it was an error. 

Right I see what you mean.

Looks like my second comment was true then lol

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Proper, well-run football clubs do not have so-called advisers going on social media to air gripes and placate fans with memes and YouTube videos.

Back in the day, I was very critical when the likes of Strafford and others came on here to *engage* with fans. It's never a good idea, it really isn't and it just screams of things going south off the pitch.

I totally agree re. the past but me and Erik are now reyt good mates and I’m proper ITK but can’t say owt for now.

We’re having a Zoom McDonalds later on 😍.

• Haha 2

Guest Grandad

Somewhere in Gleadless theres a pig fan absolutely killing himself laughig at all the naive Wednesday fans hes got dribbling at the prospect of some guy in Madrid working with Chansiri - and chatting along with Wednesdayites on Twitter and Facebook.

2 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Check out the description of what WBD Capital Management does at https://www.linkedin.com/company/erybe-consulting/about/

It is lifted from the website of Krypteia Capital at http://www.krypteiacapital.com/que-ofrecemos/

A man claiming to have 2 business degrees shouldn't need to be plagiarising like that

You'd also think that a company claiming to be Spain's leading equity fund woud have a web presence. Links to the registered domain wbdcapital.com don't work.

image.png.c38a06291db0b5411bb7b1ab1ed23b4a.png

He has a tattoo on his back which days CUT, PASTE AND KILL.

Just now, Grandad said:

Somewhere in Gleadless theres a pig fan absolutely killing himself laughig at all the naive Wednesday fans hes got dribbling at the prospect of some guy in Madrid working with Chansiri - and chatting along with Wednesdayites on Twitter and Facebook.

Which would be true apart from the fact that the piggies internet has been downall this season due to their situation

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

He’s real alright and I’ve told him all about you.

Coincidentally he doesn’t like oranges.

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

He’s real alright and I’ve told him all about you.

Coincidentally he doesn’t like oranges.

Good job its Madrid and not Seville then

23 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Never ends well I agree. 

Pretty sure it’s happened at other clubs. Didn’t that Phipps character who was involved at the Pigs post on their forums and try and engage with the fanbase? I don’t know if he’s still involved with United or not. 

On 19/01/2021 at 19:39, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 19.39.16.jpg

What a load of Cr@p! Just the same as the latest charm offensive to win back the fans. How many of those have the club had to declare up to now, because nobody at the club can tell the fans anything, via media, via the press, or any other outlet that let's the fans know what is going on, because they are all in the dark and those who know anything are gagged by the owner! Every day I love him less and less and every day I love my team more and more (there may be a song or two in there😉 ).

All these empty words mean nothing to me (😉) I just want to see the club do the right thing without asking for a pat on the back. I have never known a club like the one ours has become. The club should be leading the way morally and doing it with modesty, dignity and class. The way they have treated fans, the players, the "head coaches/kicking boys" the opposition, the EFL, the press, the history of the club, the intelligence of the public and anybody that has criticised the way they have behaved is disgraceful. I feel so sorry for all the wonderful members of staff that do everything that they can to look after the fans and give them a good experience on match days etc, when so much negligence and vagueness elsewhere undermines all that they do that is positive. 

19 minutes ago, Grandad said:

To me this brings back memories of Sheard, Club 9 Sports and the great times we had as charlatans tried to muscle in on our club but if this is a blunts fan then he has been playing the long game as Alonso's twitter account has been running for 10 years!  

14 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Never ends well I agree. 

Pretty sure it’s happened at other clubs. Didn’t that Phipps character who was involved at the Pigs post on their forums and try and engage with the fanbase? I don’t know if he’s still involved with United or not. 

Phipps was a great character, was seen as something of the spokesman for the bog roll billionaire when he first got involved. He was great for a quote - cup kings, goal rich when they lost by the odd goal in 9 etc. He has been making sounds again recently.

14 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

What a load of Cr@p! Just the same as the latest charm offensive to win back the fans. How many of those have the club had to declare up to now, because nobody at the club can tell the fans anything, via media, via the press, or any other outlet that let's the fans know what is going on, because they are all in the dark and those who know anything are gagged by the owner! Every day I love him less and less and every day I love my team more and more (there may be a song or two in there😉 ).

All these empty words mean nothing to me (😉) I just want to see the club do the right thing without asking for a pat on the back. I have never known a club like the one ours has become. The club should be leading the way morally and doing it with modesty, dignity and class. The way they have treated fans, the players, the "head coaches/kicking boys" the opposition, the EFL, the press, the history of the club, the intelligence of the public and anybody that has criticised the way they have behaved is disgraceful. I feel so sorry for all the wonderful members of staff that do everything that they can to look after the fans and give them a good experience on match days etc, when so much negligence and vagueness elsewhere undermines all that they do that is positive. 

Fans are being treated with utter contempt in my opinion. 

• Like 2

Just spoken to Erik on Instagram.

He’s asked me to apologise on his behalf for any confusion his post in the OP has caused.

He’s currently looking at several properties in Madrid with the intention of opening a new ‘Super Club’. Unfortunately the ones he’s been shown around to date just don’t have the sufficient air conditioning systems in place to deal with the clammy Madrid summer nights. 

Hope this helps. 

3 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

While everybody's talking about King of the World, Owner of the club, World Champion Boxer,  Oscar winner, and all round good egg Erik Alonso, nobody is actually focusing on the schizz show that DC is making of running the club?

Where's the new manager?

Where are new new strikers that we need?

Where are the refunds?

Where's the new manager..........................................currently in talks

Where are new new strikers that we need................currently in talks

Where are the refunds................................................currently ongoing

:Chansiri:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

He’s asked me to apologise on his behalf for any confusion his post in the OP has caused.

He’s currently looking at several properties in Madrid with the intention of opening a new ‘Super Club’. Unfortunately the ones he’s been shown around to date just don’t have the sufficient air conditioning systems in place to deal with the clammy Madrid summer nights. 

Hope this helps. 

He will have the same problem when he is looking for a place in Chapeltown....ally those balmy summer nights

14 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Hope this helps. 

What did he say about his mate...........  @sonofbert2 ?

• Haha 2