Message from Erik Alonso

Guest mrbluesky
8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Erik is now liking tweets from fans asking him to get Paul Cook as manager.

Sheffield Wednesday always professional. 

I feel a "Geoff Sheard" coming on.

2 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

The LinkedIn description of WBD Capital is cut and pasted from the OSO website, OSO being a company group owned by wealthy Indonesian politician and businessman Oesman Sapta Odang. Alonso knows his son Raja Sapta Oktohari who is also a boxing promoter. But is WBD Capital Management and subsidiary WBD Sports part of the OSO group as suggested here?

image.png.01894c1e0fcd15d687cbc02408afd99d.pngimage.png.9c9427ed8027dfeae61e796009f8564e.png

image.png

All very confusing. I went down the wormhole a few weeks ago. And it just didn’t make much sense. 

What would be good is if the club came out and just published a press release to tell fans what Alonso’s exact role moving forward will be. And why he is on board. You know, like any normal and well run business would. 

Chansiri’s explanation the other week was confusing and contradicts things Alonso has said. Fans are being treated awfully here. Not good enough and amateur for a club in the second tier of English football. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

I feel a "Geoff Sheard" coming on.

This is all very sad and pathetic.  

Reminds me of a classic open letter to Sheard

https://sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk/calling-geoff-sheard/

Sheard is "our only ray  of light" haha 

Why can't we just be a well-run, professional outfit for a few days in our life?  

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

The LinkedIn description of WBD Capital is cut and pasted from the OSO website, OSO being a company group owned by wealthy Indonesian politician and businessman Oesman Sapta Odang. Alonso knows his son Raja Sapta Oktohari who is also a boxing promoter. But is WBD Capital Management and subsidiary WBD Sports part of the OSO group as suggested here?

image.png.01894c1e0fcd15d687cbc02408afd99d.pngimage.png.9c9427ed8027dfeae61e796009f8564e.png

image.png

Harrowby, have you come across the name Pieter Tanuri on your travels? Coz as far as i can see he is actually the owner of Bali and seems to be wealthy guy with major interest in footy ... it's occurred to me that Alonso may be his frontman 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dfoster said:

Harrowby, have you come across the name Pieter Tanuri on your travels? Coz as far as i can see he is actually the owner of Bali and seems to be wealthy guy with major interest in footy ... it's occurred to me that Alonso may be his frontman 

Yes, I have looked into Bali United. They floated last year and the shares are now publicly traded. Tanuri owns about 23%

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

If Erik Alonso wants to win over the fans in a big way I would suggest that he persuade DC to take on Paul Cook as our next Manager.

If Cook comes in and we survive relegation  (he probabl;y has the best chance given his track record) it will be a great achievement.

Fans will be very grateful not only to Paul Cook but also to Erik Alonso for making the appointment happen.

PLease will you change the record Alan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Yes, I have looked into Bali United. They floated last year and the shares are now publicly traded. Tanuri owns about 23%

Interesting, thanks. Did you notice if Alonso owns any shares - i am intrigued that he calls himself 'owner' of Bali Utd ... 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Interestingly on Erik/WBD’s website one of their clients is Wu Lei. The Chinese player who plays for Espanyol.

We played Espanyol in a friendly the other year. A lot of Chinese fans turned up to watch Wu Lei as he’s huge over in China.

Maybe there’s some kind of connection there?

We can only hope....does feel like some far Eastern interest somewhere...DCs famous 'friends'?

Check out the description of what WBD Capital Management does at https://www.linkedin.com/company/erybe-consulting/about/

It is lifted from the website of Krypteia Capital at http://www.krypteiacapital.com/que-ofrecemos/

A man claiming to have 2 business degrees shouldn't need to be plagiarising like that

You'd also think that a company claiming to be Spain's leading equity fund woud have a web presence. Links to the registered domain wbdcapital.com don't work.

image.png.c38a06291db0b5411bb7b1ab1ed23b4a.png

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Interestingly on Erik/WBD’s website one of their clients is Wu Lei. The Chinese player who plays for Espanyol.

We played Espanyol in a friendly the other year. A lot of Chinese fans turned up to watch Wu Lei as he’s huge over in China.

Maybe there’s some kind of connection there?

We really should tap into the Asian players market, given their student population in the city.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dfoster said:

Interesting, thanks. Did you notice if Alonso owns any shares - i am intrigued that he calls himself 'owner' of Bali Utd ... 

Bali United or rather its parent company PT Bali Bintang Sejahtera Tbk (BOLA), floated on the Indonesia Stock Exchangeexchange in 2019, so its a public company.

Indonesia Stock Exchange data  shows BOLA's shareholders above 5 percent consist of Pieter Tanuri (21.79 percent), Miranda (5.25 percent), Ayu Patricia Rachmat (5.25 percent), the Salim Group through PT Asuransi Central Asia (8.88 percent) and PT Indolife Pensiontama (5.39 percent), the Kresna group through PT Asuransi Jiwa Kresna (9.19 percent), while others are owned by the community (44.25).

No mention on their web site that Alonso holds any executive position

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

We really should tap into the Asian players market, given their student population in the city.

I work on student accommodation mainly round shalesmoor area and to say Hillsborough is only a couple of miles away you wouldn't know it. we don't even seem to try with dragging a few of the students in surely it would be worth running a "student game" ie one of the matches in late September early October we let students in for something like £5 /£10 plaster advertising all over the campus and accommodation 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1