Wednesday players you forgot played for us thread

Tried to follow the spirit of the thread, so had a look at the Wiki page of players who had played for us that I completely forgot. 

Hasney Aljofree - think he was brought in by Sturrock since he played for him at Plymouth? Remember him being decent but didn't he get injured? 

Mikkel Bischoff - came on loan from Man City. Remember him being class, but with nearly everyone of our decent players from the last 20 years, was injured a lot. 

A couple of loans that I forgot played for us - 

Eddie Nolan - on loan from Preston? Remember him having a really boring name, and being a really boring player. 

Lloyd Sam - had a short loan from Charlton? Remember him being as good as Wade Small, who wasn't very good. All those complaining of Harris and Jermaine Johnson before should remember we've had bloody loads worse. 

39 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

David Burrows

image.jpeg

I thought David Burrows was decent for us, to be fair. He was playing alongside the likes of Maddix, Westwood and Hendon though, so it wasn’t hard to stand out in that defence 

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Melo

a legend 

Yes Portugal

That famous Eastern European destination.

It wasn't Melo, this fella was a centre back iirc

3 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

I thought David Burrows was decent for us, to be fair. He was playing alongside the likes of Maddix, Westwood and Hendon though, so it wasn’t hard to stand out in that defence 

Good lord.

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Who was the dude who signed on a short term deal, maybe under Grey.

Played a couple of games, got a long term injury then we signed him for another year whilst he was injured and never saw him again

Eastern European fella

Sergiu Bus?

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

No.

You can only list players you forgot.

:duntmatter:

Oh, ok then.

I don't remember us signing Alan Johnstone...

Does that work?

• Haha 1

Believe it or not, Stuart Ripley (who I always thought was a class player at Blackburn) had a few games with us.  I just saw the teamsheet for his debut, and another name flashes up; Steve Harkness.  Apparently played 30 for us..

Ones I'd completely forgotten until Wiki'ing:

2010s

Danny Pugh

Stuart Holden

2000s

Maurice Ross
Paul Gallacher

1990s

Christian Mayrleb

Steve Mackenzie

8 minutes ago, Dooogs said:

Sergiu Bus?

No it wasn't Bus

The guy I'm thinking of was a defender, centre half I think possibly Slovenian/slovakian

Edited by Gob_Bluth
9 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Believe it or not, Stuart Ripley (who I always thought was a class player at Blackburn) had a few games with us.  I just saw the teamsheet for his debut, and another name flashes up; Steve Harkness.  Apparently played 30 for us..

Harkness was one of the immediately post-relegation signings in 2000 who never gelled. From memory, I think Jewell /Shreeves suggested that he and Ian Hendon had professionalism issues too (which I think was probably a metaphor for taking the likes of Owen Morrison down the pub instead of training)...

Ripley was class but his legs had gone once he got to us - a rich man's Chris Sedgwick.

• Thanks 1