Two questions and an observation

Question 1

Have we got a new manager yet?

Question 2

When does the transfer window close?

I was a little surprised when he bombed Pulis but I expected he had a plan to move on quickly. Its clear that this joke of a chairman has no plan and most likley no intention of spending any money during this window. Those wins were great but in a week or two I fear we are going to be back in the bottom 3 and scrapping again with a squad that doesn't appear to be good enough. With no money to spend why would any decent manager look at this job. Are we looking at another appointment from the last chance saloon.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, eightbelow said:

Question 1

Question 2

I was a little surprised when he bombed Pulis but I expected he had a plan to move on quickly. Its clear that this joke of a chairman has no plan and most likley no intention of spending any money during this window. Those wins were great but in a week or two I fear we are going to be back in the bottom 3 and scrapping again with a squad that doesn't appear to be good enough. With no money to spend why would any decent manager look at this job. Are we looking at another appointment from the last chance saloon.

Have you been in hibernation 🤔

For all we know he may have moved quickly and the target decided not to take the poisoned chalice?

Or possibly DC likes drinking in the last chance saloon - that maybe how he likes to roll!

Edited by Spookone

5 hours ago, eightbelow said:

Question 1

Question 2

It’s really depressing that we are managerless at such a critical time.

Pulis made no secret of his unhappiness and DC should have had his feelers out a month ago. Not good enough. The new boss should be training the squad in his new formation and philosophy now, a week ahead of a huge game at Coventry.

Players in and out should be strongly influenced by the manager. We are wasting the window, again. Hopeless leadership.

• Like 1

I know we won two in a row but we were abysmal for the whole 90 against Derby. Rode our luck massively.

Boro I think we had a decent first half. But second half we were hanging on and Boro probably deserved a point.

And then the Exeter win - they’re two divisions below. 

Very risky to think everything is fine off the back of those three performances. We still need to strengthen our attack, and oh yeah get a bloody manager appointed. If you’re going to give it Thompson make it official so we can get on with things.

• Like 1

The only reasons someone might manage us are;

a) They were desperate for a job.

b) Completely unaware of the leadership shambles.

c) Deluded enough to think they can correct the slide on their own.

d) Not fussed as long as they get a pay off upon sacking.

e) Several of the above.

Basically, we won't be getting Guardiola mk 2 and we are a currently a managers graveyard.

8 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Pulis made no secret of his unhappiness and DC should have had his feelers out a month ago. Not good enough. The new boss should be training the squad in his new formation and philosophy now, a week ahead of a huge game at Coventry.

Players in and out should be strongly influenced by the manager. We are wasting the window, again. Hopeless leadership.

Literally Hopeless

3 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

The only reasons someone might manage us are;

a) They were desperate for a job.

b) Completely unaware of the leadership shambles.

c) Deluded enough to think they can correct the slide on their own.

d) Not fussed as long as they get a pay off upon sacking.

e) Several of the above.

Basically, we won't be getting Guardiola mk 2 and we are a currently a managers graveyard.

All depends on the £££.

Thats what it will always come down to. Also a lot of managers believe they’ve got it in them to turn us round and work under the chairman - until they get through the door (see Bruce and Pulis).

But if we’re offering good money most managers will jump at the chance, let’s not get it twisted. 

8 hours ago, Holmowl said:

This really. Players in limbo, Thompson in limbo, fans in limbo and club in limbo. All during such an important window where we need some quality players to join. 

Shambles yet again under DC. You just come to expect and accept it now. 

14 hours ago, eightbelow said:

Question 1

Question 2

I is no and 2 is 1st February. 

13 hours ago, eightbelow said:

That's not an observation.

That's an opinion. Another thread made to speak badly of Chansiri and the team.

I agree the whole ticket refund situation is causing abit a complex and hinders any positivity coming from the club but do realise the nonsense you spout is not helpful 

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

All depends on the £££.

Thats what it will always come down to. Also a lot of managers believe they’ve got it in them to turn us round and work under the chairman - until they get through the door (see Bruce and Pulis).

But if we’re offering good money most managers will jump at the chance, let’s not get it twisted. 

It would be interesting to know what we are offering and if it is good money compared to other clubs in a similar situation. Many managers have enough ego to make them think they can have success where others have failed, its part of their character and this season simply keeping us up would be viewed as success by many so its a pretty low bar.