Darren Moore heading towards favourite for Wednesday manager job

7 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I would love him ,Plays an easy on the eye game ,Be a great manager for this club 

Wouldn’t be averse to him being appointed, but, I’m afraid that there’s no extra League points to be won by playing “easy on the eye” football

Could he keep us up - not sure, but then that applies to any one appointed ?

4 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Whether he has what it takes to turn a sinking ship like us around is questionable. You can't really compare WBA with us, and I get the feeling he took over a competently managed club in Donny. We've buried more than one decent managerial reputation.

It's certainly a titanic task to move the club forward and Moore, like Pulis, might sink without trace. 

However, I'd be happy with either him or Cook at the helm.

Just now, sherlyegg said:

Eh

We have just won 4 out of 5..

That's surfacing init ?

🤔

On that basis, maybe Neil Thompson should get the job full time?

When I talk about a sinking ship, I'm looking deeper than the last 5 or 6 games. I'm looking at the way our club is run, the state of the finances, the dodgy recruitment, the likely loss of some of our best players this Summer, and so on. It's easier to drive a well looked after Nissan Micra than a clapped out Mercedes.

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

It's certainly a titanic task to move the club forward and Moore, like Pulis, might sink without trace. 

However, I'd be happy with either him or Cook at the helm.

I wouldn't complain about Darren Moore. A better call than some of the names floated.

Given a choice, though, I'd go for Cook simply because he has a track record of outperformance in difficult circumstances. 

This, if true, would be a great appointment for us imo.

If he did come though, it would be such a shame that he/Donny has only just sold Ben Whiteman, because that kind of young quality player would have been a great addition to our squad at this time.

So yes, although I’d be happy with Paul Cook, I’d be just as happy with Darren Moore.

Get one of those two in Mr C as soon as possible.