Sheaf and Castle Market in Sheffield City Centre

On 18/01/2021 at 13:23, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-01-18 at 10.51.04.jpg

I was in there every Saturday morning - absolute magic

Yes. That record shop just inside the door of castle market. Harringtons for your jeans. Milky coffee (never heard of latte back then) from the cafe 

11 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Yes. That record shop just inside the door of castle market. Harringtons for your jeans. Milky coffee (never heard of latte back then) from the cafe 

That record shop was amazing

I remember just before the markets were demolished there was one underneath Sheaf Market on the front facing the roundabout

It was run by the lads who did pirate radio in Sheffield, who ended up opening that big record shop in Hillsborough

When I was DJ at Cairo Jax that's where I bought most of my records

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Remember being dragged there as a kid by my Mom at the weekend. Never really appreciated it back then, but feels like a part of the city is missing. The new market is ok, but lacks some of that old school charm. 

9 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Remember being dragged there as a kid by my Mom at the weekend. Never really appreciated it back then, but feels like a part of the city is missing. The new market is ok, but lacks some of that old school charm. 

I am not one for moaning about newer stuff in Sheffield but the market on the moor is a horror show

Absolutely wrong in every way

I hate it - walking round seeing all the stalls shut - so poor

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

23 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I am not one for moaning about newer stuff in Sheffield but the market on the moor is a horror show

Absolutely wrong in every way

I hate it - walking round seeing all the stalls shut - so poor

Yeah it's not great.  There is one decent fruit and veg stall, and I've tried meat and fish from a few places there and each time I've felt rough after.  

35 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Yeah it's not great.  There is one decent fruit and veg stall, and I've tried meat and fish from a few places there and each time I've felt rough after.  

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Interesting video but the main thought I had was, "get a jog on" lol

You have to walk stealth like to avoid the people who harrass you with clipboards

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop