Bony or Pony?

6 hours ago, gbear05 said:

A 32 year old striker, who was able to score consistently in the premier league...but he’s available for free and nobody in the world seems to want him.

I don’t need to know anymore. Either his body or his mind can’t do it anymore, or both.

Given the scarcity of proven goal scorers, if he were still up to it, people would be clambering to sign up. This is the opposite.

please can we invest in youth with future potential, not the complete opposite who only cost a lost more anyway

You mean a bit like Loovens who nobody wanted and Hutch.

5 hours ago, 83owl said:

Had a good couple of seasons 5 years ago, unfit, overweight, high wages and done nothing for years. May as well just sign Wickham. 

He's not on high wages, He's on nothing. He might accept a low/reasonable wage if he wants big wages jog on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gbear05 said:

Think their wage demands were probably a bit lower than this chap 

3 hours ago, prowl said:

He's not on high wages, He's on nothing. He might accept a low/reasonable wage. If he wants big wages jog on.

Erm, I think I've been making the point since the start that we should only consider him on low wages.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Pay as you play contract until end of season with bonus for hitting targets in goals scored and club retaining championship status.

Would be the best option for us... 

Unfortunately DC would probably give him a 4 year contract on £40k a week. 

Makes me wonder if someone has been reading through old articles from monk first year to be honest. Didn't we allow him to come use our training facilities just before December last year?? 

With no money to buy, if we couldn’t find someone to loan us better,  then I’d take him We know we can’t make a strike pairing out of our existing options, and to bring them into play, we need a number 9 

So look for better, by all means, but don’t end up like we did in the summer, with no target man. Had we have had a target man, even Bony, we could have fielded a balanced side and would probably be half way up the table by now A real schoolboy error, and one that we can’t afford to make again

• Like 2