Jump to content

Paixao brought in Pulis, Alonso wants Cook


Recommended Posts

If this was / is the case and there is nothing to prove it either way, although it was rumoured that Pulis was a contact of Mr Amadeu, what ever his name is, then surely to goodness, anyone would turn round and say ok, you've given it a go, with your choice, now lets see what my other advisor comes up with this time?

 

Or do you always agree with him, because he has more power than we think he has,in which case why have other "advisors"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

If media reports are to be believed then Amadeu Paixao strongly pushed for and helped to bring in Tony Pulis as Manager of SWFC.

 

Erik Alonso it seems wants Paul Cook, who has strong backing among Wednesday fans.

 

The Pulis venture proved to be a disaster for the Chairman, the fans and the team.  One win in 10 games, one player only ever up front and quite dreadful football.

 

Cook though is known for a pragmatic but attacking football style where it is possible.

 

I suggest that DC insist that Paixao takes a back set in recruitment for the new appointment.

 

36 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Head hunters don't work like that, they will present names to the interview panel who will then decide which name should be short-listed, interviewed and eventually appointed. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:


No Jordan Rhodes was signed as an expensive gamble on getting promoted to the Premier League. 
 

I don’t agree with this narrative he was signed to appease the fans. If DC listened to the fans he would have lowered ticket prices and got all the season ticket refunds sorted by now.

Spot on. At the time, we had Hooper, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Joao, Forestieri and Winnall. 
 

Rhodes being signed for the fans is the biggest myth in the world. It’s just another way Chansiri can deflect blame away from his own ineptitude. 
 

I remember us as supporters wanting a CB and a DM. We all knew we needed to upgrade on Loovens and Hutchinson and that a striker wasn’t a priority (even more so after Winnall had signed).

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Spot on. At the time, we had Hooper, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Joao, Forestieri and Winnall. 
 

Rhodes being signed for the fans is the biggest myth in the world. It’s just another way Chansiri can deflect blame away from his own ineptitude. 
 

I remember us as supporters wanting a CB and a DM. We all knew we needed to upgrade on Loovens and Hutchinson and that a striker wasn’t a priority (even more so after Winnall had signed).


Agreed. It’s been done to death on here but any club who spends 10m on a player because a few fans said ‘sign Rhodes’ on Twitter should really re-evaluate their recruitment policy. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Spot on. At the time, we had Hooper, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Joao, Forestieri and Winnall. 
 

Rhodes being signed for the fans is the biggest myth in the world. It’s just another way Chansiri can deflect blame away from his own ineptitude. 
 

I remember us as supporters wanting a CB and a DM. We all knew we needed to upgrade on Loovens and Hutchinson and that a striker wasn’t a priority (even more so after Winnall had signed).


And yet we had a few 100 page threads clamouring for Rhodes. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure it's definitive, but think reading between the lines, the OP is accurate in his assumption.

 

I'm not sure how much credibility Alonso has, but Paxo has zero, so probably why our recruitment process is clueless and unecessarily slow. 

 

I don't think it's that fans want Cook, but understand what he can offer given the players we have and our league position. 

 

I'm a Cook advocate, but for example I'd have Jokanovic over him any day of the week if we were aiming for promotion and had funds to put a promotion challenging squad together. As it is, we've got a rag tag mismatched squad of freebies and in a relegation battle....in those circumstances taking into account living within our means, Cook probably the best option still.  

 

I suspect Paxo will always win because there seems something very suspect in the ties between him and Chansiri. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rhodes was signed, with the vast majority of the support of the fans, to “guarantee” getting us over the line.

 

The problem back then was the clash between the manager’s selection policy versus the club’s recruitment policy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone could see this coming a mile off paixao clashing with the new advisor, I don’t like alonso a chances as paixao seems to win every time with our chairman

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The way I see it is that we are still in a really dangerous position in the league and that survival is critical.

 

It would be high risk to assume that we can stay ahead of Derby, Rotherham and Wycombe.  Rotherham are level on points but have two games in hand and they keep plugging away regardless.

 

This is why I feel we need an injection of an experienced Manager because there are going to be ups and downs in the next 23 games.

 

I am old enough to remember dreadful appointments like Danny Williams and Steve Burtenshaw and if we get this one wrong then League One beckons.

 

No manager is ever a unanimous choice among the fans but Paul Cook certainly has a good degree of support.

 

It would be good to know if Erik Alonso is backing Paul Cook as the Paixao-recommended appointments of Luhukay and Pulis have been disasters for SWFC.  It seems he has had contact with a couple of Owls fans.

 

If I were DC I would give a different Advisor a chance this time round.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:


And yet we had a few 100 page threads clamouring for Rhodes. 

Because we was after him and he was a record signing in the history of the club! Didn’t mean we needed him. 

 

Like Sally says above, if the clubs transfer policy is based of what supporters want then you really need to re-evaluate what your doing.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:


No Jordan Rhodes was signed as an expensive gamble on getting promoted to the Premier League. 
 

I don’t agree with this narrative he was signed to appease the fans. If DC listened to the fans he would have lowered ticket prices and got all the season ticket refunds sorted by now.

Totally agree....I have never bought the 'Rhodes was bought because the fans wanted him' crap.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Re. The OP, it is pure, unfounded speculation.

Actually it's pure unfounded crap 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

Time remaining until thread is locked...

countdown.gif.1a366a8c615ca3aaea0b52f4a6f76c78.gif

 

countdown.gif

 

Oh it will go, just like the Eric Alonso thread and Chansiri threads have been locked because they question Paxo's involvement in the club. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

If media reports are to be believed then Amadeu Paixao strongly pushed for and helped to bring in Tony Pulis as Manager of SWFC.

 

Erik Alonso it seems wants Paul Cook, who has strong backing among Wednesday fans.

 

The Pulis venture proved to be a disaster for the Chairman, the fans and the team.  One win in 10 games, one player only ever up front and quite dreadful football.

 

Cook though is known for a pragmatic but attacking football style where it is possible.

 

I suggest that DC insist that Paixao takes a back set in recruitment for the new appointment.

 

 

Please post this information

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Alonso actually represents Paco Jemez.  If he was involved in securing us a new boss then surely this is who he would be pushing.

 

He represents absolutely nobody,  through any of his management companies, who is British.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...