Slavisa Jokanovc - Manager - A Bit more like it

5 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Why not go for Warny and whack Rotherham with a double whammy?

Ideal profile for a club with no cash and he' d come in about 8 seconds.

His team also tops too for recruitment on cheap.

That's actually one of the more sensible suggestions. Got Toytown promoted a couple of times as well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

But who says this? 

Sacking Pulis wasn't free. 

Andre Green was a free signing but we've offered him enough to beat 5 other Championship clubs.

And If we end up with Jokanovic as manager. Then we'll end up with possibly the best option available. Which again, doesn't scream skint.

Which other 5 Championship clubs were in for Green?

5 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Wish we had the cash he'd need.

Why not go for Warny and whack Rotherham with a double whammy?

Ideal profile for a club with no cash and he' dcome in about 8 seconds.

His team also tops too for recruitment on cheap.

Warny ??

Ffs 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Which other 5 Championship clubs were in for Green?

I've seen it stated 5 other clubs wanted him but it didn't list the clubs.

While he was at Aston Villa in 2018, Bournemouth, Palace, Brighton, Leeds where all interested. 

I think he'll surprise afew people, if they think he's a cheapo signing.

• Haha 1

The thing people often tend to forget when a team gets promoted is that rarely is it all about the manager. The manager is one of the many different pieces. We aren't going to get Jokanovic and turn into his Fulham team without all those bits in place.

Its not like you plug a manager in to a club that is exactly the same as all other clubs in terms of players and funds. Teams win leagues because on aggregate they've got the best of everything from squad depth, suitable manager, funds, quality players, strong club strategy, sound backroom staff and even luck.

Jokanovic has no experience of managing struggling Championship teams with poor squads, weak youth set up, lack of direction and spending power. Cook on the other hand has.

For me, its horses for courses and Cook has more experience at a club with our limitations and is far more likely to hit the ground running.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

That's actually one of the more sensible suggestions. Got Toytown promoted a couple of times as well.

Another bloke I like, a good old Norwich boy. A bit like Darren Moore though, the current Wednesday job is not the right time for him or us

He has always been my preferred choice, ever since DC rocked up. Especially as the option to continue with the vein and style of play we initially saw under Carlos, as we had a squad that could do what Jokanovic likes from his teams.  As usual if this was true (while great) it would be typical bringing him in years too late. 

I can't see this happening, unless he is so desperate to get back to English club football, pretty much any job in championship or above will do. 

You'd also have to think that DC would need to promise him funds and a decent pay packet to consider what is a basket case of a club right now.  Can only hope we survive right now to make it to the end of our P&S issues, which may encourage a better calibre of manager/head coach or club philosophy. Well one can hope lol. 

8 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

On the grounds of style and tactics he would be a wonderful appointment. 

Sharpest suited dude on the touchline. We would at least be #1 on that score.

FACT 

He has worked with the genius that was Stuart  Gray.
As such he is the ideal candidate. 

Jokanovic and Gray would be an absolute dream team but will Chansiri have the ability to put the club before his ego.

Guest Hornsby
16 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Warny ??

Ffs 

Err , new favourite is a division below Rovrum with only a sacking on manager CV.

Warny would save us, by de-stabalising Millers and his excellent skills / relevant experience.

Edited by Hornsby