Slavisa Jokanovc - Manager - A Bit more like it

While Jokanovic would be a brilliant appointment. I just don’t see him coming here, his stock is very high amongst Championship clubs. I imagine if he’s determined to manage at this level again he’d not have to wait long for a better opportunity than the one we currently present. 

Hard to see this one happening.

Guest wilyfox

Had resources at Fulham & Watford. Wouldn’t have them here. Attacking football and 70%+ possession, but we don’t have the players for that anymore. 

Just read the article and it pure speculation. I remember Jokanovc‘s Fulham well. They had a late run after signing Mitrovic on loan. I remember them beating us 1-0 under Jos and they played a simple but effective style getting the ball wide, bombing up the wing and then smashing it across for Mitrovic. Eventually they broke us down and scored. 
It’s just one of the games I remember particularly well because Fulham played a style I particularly enjoy to watch. They played with real intent and everyone knew their role and did it very effectively.

It would be great to get Jokanovc but there nothing in the article to think it’s a possibility. We live in hope I suppose!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think he provides a good option, in the 'foreign manager' category. Looking at his CV, we would be the biggest club he has managed, so I am sure he will be flattered to be initially linked with the post. That said, given our current position, like Hughton at the time we approached him, he will know an 'easier' option will come his way in no time.

My gut feel on this though is he probably has some form of connection to Mandaric. One conversation with Uncle Milan and he will be on the phone to D-Taxis in a shot.

Edited by Pieman