Mel Zico Sterland and the sporty Volkswagon

42 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I'm sure that's shutt with tracksuit top on next to Frank

You’re right, that’s Shutty and keeper is Wayne Lomas as you said.  I think the lad to Shutty’s left is Tim Hague who went to Ecclesfield.  Also Graham Bagley kneeling on front row next but one to Charlie.

12 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

I’m sure Carl Shutt was in his 20s, when Wilko signed him from Spalding.

22 I believe when we signed him.

So don't think he came through our academy.

I was on the kop for his debut against Coventry.

I've got a pic of his diving header in my scrapbook. 

Definitely Charlie Williamson in the front row. 

Couldn't tell him apart from Gary Bannister when they had their blonde streaked Purdies. 

UTO!

13 hours ago, bladeshater said:

I think bookies have most of his money

I have sat next to him in the South Baz with him and his daughter and both of em were never off their phones with the betting apps. The evening with Roland Nilsson night as well he was putting money on whatever for a vast majority of it. He is however always good company and talks to everyone.

He used to drive a Astra GTE and his missus used to live bang across road from the High Greave pub in Ecclesfield and we used to go and harass him to come and have a kick around with us. More often than not he obliged 

Edited by soldierboyblue

15 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

I have sat next to him in the South Baz with him and his daughter and both of em were never off their phones with the betting apps. The evening with Roland Nilsson night as well he was putting money on whatever for a vast majority of it. He is however always good company and talks to everyone.

He used to drive a Astra GTE and his missus used to live bang across road from the High Greave pub in Ecclesfield and we used to go and harass him to come and have a kick around with us. More often than not he obliged 

Bumped into him in Corals @ Bradway when he was watching his own horse run at Hexham, convinced the whole shop to back his horse. 
Everyone left empty handed and they’re still looking for the horse.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I can remember being a kid and it wasn't unusual seeing players drive about in their sponsored cars with they names on the side.
Looks laughable now.

Yes very common, also the local vicar would have a sponsored car too from the same place.

How times change.