The Return of Marcus Tudgay

3 minutes ago, Django said:

Him and Burton were good players but it was always a struggle getting more than 12 goals a piece out of them over a season 

I'd bloody well take that now.

How many players have scored more than that since?

I'm guessing a handful at most.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

I'd bloody well take that now.

How many players have scored more than that since?

I'm guessing a handful at most.

Oh so would I 

Both would improve us massively at the moment 

Weird what happened to Tudgay’s career. He had his best season in 2008/09 with 14 goals, then after not getting his Prem move to Burnley his form just dipped massively and he dropped down the leagues 

He was a leading light for us under laws. Did a few jobs on the pitch.

It all went a bit sour between him and the fans here though as if he begrudgingly signed a new deal and wasn’t very happy and everyone picked up on it. He wanted that move to Burnley who funnily enough went for Steven Fletcher in the end. 

Moved to Forest and started well but then dropped off in terms of goals. Always had a great touch and aerial ability but it was strange how the goals dried up.

50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I remember seeing his goals per game vs others in the squads who had better goal ratios who were getting absolutely battered by our fans and scratching my head why Tudgay didn’t get the same 

There was something likeable about him. He seemed to work hard all the time, keep his head down, be committed on the pitch and people could see he was quite an intelligent footballer. When you compared him to the likes of Leon and Jeffers that we had to work with it was obvious fans took a shine to Marcus.

Edited by TheEnchanter