Making a murderer (Netflix)

Story of Steven Amery   freed after 18 years in jail for a crime he didn’t commit.  Only to get arrested/tried/convicted of a brutal murder shortly after his release.  Police cover ups. Evidence tampering. Witness coercion 

it’s a 10 parter. Followed by another 10 part follow up charting his journey to once again prove himself innocent and claiming another police cover up. 

10/10

Edited by ANDY
4 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Soz 

im new to Netflix 

No worries. I just thought I'd link the old thread in case there was anything of interest in there. 🙂

44 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

The Staircase > Making a Murderer.

Still both worth watching though.

These things are much much better if you go into them with absolutely no knowledge of the case or the outcome. I saw The Staircase  years before it came on Netflix and it kept me guessing all the way through. 

My favourite of these sort of things is the Paradise Lost films, if anyone hasn't seen them, resist googling it, just find a way of downloading the first one and go from there.

Evil Genius is worth a watch. Only a mini series but compelling viewing.

15 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Still both worth watching though.

Of course! It was more a way of saying if you enjoyed MaM you'll love The Staircase 😉 And of course The Jinx (but you CANNOT know anything about The Jinx as knowing about ****** really does detract from it).

15 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

My favourite of these sort of things is the Paradise Lost films

Also superb, the blend of the story and archive footage with classic Metallica works so well!

Edited by Paul..
On 16/01/2021 at 15:40, Paul.. said:

The Staircase > Making a Murderer.

Finished watching this last night. 

I don’t recall the prosecution mentioning the evidence of strangulation at the initial trial. It was only mentioned in the Alford plea hearing. 

On 16/01/2021 at 16:34, Whitechapel Owl said:

My favourite of these sort of things is the Paradise Lost films, if anyone hasn't seen them, resist googling it, just find a way of downloading the first one and go from there.

just watched these 3. 

really good.  Thanks for the tip 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

just watched these 3. 

really good.  Thanks for the tip 

Spoiler

I went into the first one knowing nothing about it, was absolutely stunned when they are all found guilty. The lady who prosecuted them killed herself a year or so ago sadly.