The Good, The Good, and The Goodly

- Andre Green signing very positive! 
- Shaw looks great and will an extension.
- We’ve won a few on the bounce. 
- -6 and not -12 thankfully

- Look solid defensively 

- The Covid break will give time for players to come back from injuries 

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, A12owl said:

There are also a lot of references to REACH. 

He's could be our saviour. 

You could actually amend those Lyrics in a Wednesday way and you are right it would be feel good Footballis about cheery feel good songs not some of dreary loud rubbish posted on here at times.

By th way I had envisaged you as approaching 90 did I get you wrong or has the vaccine breathed life into you if so can not wait for mine.

So at the moment then......

We’re not in a relegation place.

We are winning games.

We have a manager who is winning games

We have found a goalscorer who is just starting to warm up

Our best keeper is gradually finding his way back to fitness

Our defence, despite injuries, looks solid enough.

We’ve discovered a star of the future to bolster our midfield or defence (Shaw)

We’ve added creativity and pace to our side with Green

We’ve got Jack Marriott back, who has never been fully fit playing for us but who is getting there and will bolster attacking options once he is.

Is an alternative way of looking at our season which has a long way to go yet and we’re still improving and getting better organised.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Any positive stuff on Sheffield Wednesday anyone?

I’ll start with the emergence of Liam Shaw, who seems to have a bright future ahead of him.

And we were out of the bottom three.

Anything at all positive, bung it in here. 

Come up and see me, make me smile.

All the talk was about how Hunt was the one from the academy who was ready to come through and make it, few mentioned anything about Shaw being ready but his emergence recently has been great to see. Had to play in a number of different positions and has done a job in each of them, full credit to the lad for taking his chance at a difficult time for the club and raising the bar.

Got to say I was very impressed with how the club handled the Exeter game as well. Lets face it, that was the type of game we have lost plenty of times in the past even with a full squad. For an academy coach to lead the team to a positive result with the experienced players providing good support to the young lads in the team was good to see.  

Well it was 60 days between old Luhukay getting the heave hoe and Bruce rocking up. 

53 days from Bruce walking and Monk getting the top job.

It's only been 18 days so far since Pulis wasn't allowed to leave then got sacked.

So we're on schedule with the next manager announcement at least , so there's something to warm the cockles.

• Haha 2