Wise words from Erik Alonso this morning

4 hours ago, Manwë said:

On Alonso, Chansiri told The Star last month: “He has worked with me for a while now. He started helping me with regards to selling players, and with commercial things. He’s just one of the advisors, nothing special.

“He’s one of my advisors, as well as Amadeu.”

- Sheffield Star (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/david-downes-amadeu-paixao-piecing-together-how-transfers-work-sheffield-wednesday-3102603%3famp) (a good article by the way, offers a deeper glimpse into recruitment at Wednesday than just Paxo).

So how many players have we sold in the past year thanks to Alonso?

Why do I find it so funny DC said ‘he’s nothing special’. Imagine working for the chairman and him blurting to the media and fans that you’re ‘nothing special’.

lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Manwë said:

On Alonso, Chansiri told The Star last month: “He has worked with me for a while now. He started helping me with regards to selling players, and with commercial things. He’s just one of the advisors, nothing special.

“He’s one of my advisors, as well as Amadeu.”

- Sheffield Star (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/david-downes-amadeu-paixao-piecing-together-how-transfers-work-sheffield-wednesday-3102603%3famp) (a good article by the way, offers a deeper glimpse into recruitment at Wednesday than just Paxo).

So how many players have we sold in the past year thanks to Alonso?

Seems pretty normal to me

Erik has now liked this Tweet. Which suggests DC is again relying on Amadeu for advice. For some reason. Bloody hell Erik has only been involved for a few weeks and he’s already sick of DC.

lol

A7ABFCF2-4712-4777-BC6B-134200A8A205.png

Eric will be gone soon like many others who’ve tried to work at the club.

DC and Paxo, Wednesdays Del Boy and Rodney in we trust....... 

• Like 2

Maybe Paxo wields more power at the club than we are led to believe. 

Just a hunch. 

• Like 1
Just now, S36 OWL said:

Maybe Paxo wields more power at the club than we are led to believe. 

Just a hunch. 

It would be nice if he was public facing. Give him some accountability for his advice. Give him an official role other than an ‘adviser’. 

At the moment he just lurks in the background free from any accountability for the advice he’s offered over the years. He goes to most matches in the exec boxes and has even been seen with the team before a match in the hotel during initiations. 

I’d love to hear from him. Genuinely. DC says he has a lot of experience in the game. I’d love to get to know his history and the experience he has. His silence just creates speculation and controversy. Bloke has been offering advice for almost 6 years and we’ve never heard him speak to the fans or media once. It appears he’s basically the de-facto DOF, so come on DC give him some accountability and lets try and build a better relationship between him and the fanbase.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I’m starting to wonder wether this Paxo guy has some sort of controlling stake in the club itself. His power and influence seems to go beyond the remit of advisor. If I was continually getting bad advice off someone eventually you’d stop listening to them. This guy is costing Chansiri millions and yet he still remains.

Edited by swfc1983
4 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

I’m starting to wonder wether this Paxo guy has some sort of controlling stake in the club itself. His power and influence seems to go beyond the remit of advisor. If I was continually getting bad advice off someone eventually you’d stop listening to them. This guy is costing Chansiri millions and yet he still remains.

If he has he's costing himself millions 

lol

Nixon suggests we have two advisors each chasing different targets which sounds about right.

Generally speaking whether it’s an agent, advisor or wannabe takeover candidate, when you go public on social media to put pressure on you have already lost. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Nixon suggests we have two advisors each chasing different targets which sounds about right. 

If the advisors were brilliant advisors surely they'd be coming up with the same names independently as the best man for the job?

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Alonso suggested on Instagram that he was a shareholder in the club then took it off and DC denied it. But it seems very odd and that we could be fobbed off.

They are only bothered about their fee anyway. Not whether Paul Cook is really the right manager.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Erik has now liked this Tweet. Which suggests DC is again relying on Amadeu for advice. For some reason. Bloody hell Erik has only been involved for a few weeks and he’s already sick of DC.

lol

Muscled out by the stuffing man

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

If the advisors were brilliant advisors surely they'd be coming up with the same names independently as the best man for the job?

maybe but something like that could be subjective as there will be various coaches with good records. Seems the foreign wildcard impact coach vs the sensible English option. 

Or if cynical, where there is a decent wedge to be made

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes they should. It shouldn’t be an issue. Unless the advisers were both pushing for their own candidate for their own benefit rather than the benefit of the football club. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

lol

if that is true it will definitely be a foreign coach then. Nice bit of commission for Paxo if he appoints one of his mates. Bloke is a leech. 

• Like 1