Accounts

3 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I would guess that due to the current situation that may happen to a lot of clubs with their next set of accounts.

True and not just football clubs

It was a hot topic even before Covid, even more as a result. Got to remember audit is seriously regulated and you simply won't sign off on this point if any uncertainty.

The fines being dished out for poor audit work are not for the faint hearted.

Glad I got out of that world a couple years back

7 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Ready soon said Chansiri......................................months ago , still no sign of them.

A question for those who are finance / EFL savvy , if they are filed and we have overstepped AGAIN , will we be looking at more points reductions THIS SEASON ?

All part of a mismanaged club

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It doesn’t do Chansiri’s credibility any good when he said a while ago that the accounts will be released shortly.  I’m not an accountant but I wonder if part of it the auditors signing off on the solvency of the club (or lack thereof).

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Everybody thinks that Chansiri has made a right mess of running our club.

I expect the accounts to confirm this.

Could this be why he’s delaying releasing them?

As the old saying goes:

"Better to delay the accounts and be thought a fool than to release them and to remove all doubt"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Ready soon said Chansiri......................................months ago , still no sign of them.

A question for those who are finance / EFL savvy , if they are filed and we have overstepped AGAIN , will we be looking at more points reductions THIS SEASON ?

Us late with our accounts, well I never.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You see that writing on the main section of the site?

Them sentences?

They're called thread titles

They're a great way of figuring out which one of the threads you're interested in

Even ones like "TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!" 

22 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

But the sale will be removed from the 17/18 accounts meaning that we’ll have posted £36m losses for that year.

Accounting for P&S 16/17 - 17/18 - 18/10

16/17 £20m loss

17/18 £36m loss

We’ve already failed tests 1 and 2 hence the soft sanctions that people keep telling me we aren’t under.

To get below the £39m upper limits and avoid another points deduction for a second consecutive result of overspending, we’ll have to post a profit of over £10m in 18/19.

Not going to happen. We’re screwed until next season at the earliest.

If the stadium sale is removed from the 17/18 season it will be placed into the 18/19 season (at least for P&S purposes) it won’t just disappear into ether

Just now, kirksandallowl said:

If the stadium sale is removed from the 17/18 season it will be placed into the 18/19 season (at least for P&S purposes) it won’t just disappear into ether

Maybe we are trying to spread it between the last two years accounts to make things look better. :Chansiri:

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Maybe we are trying to spread it between the last two years accounts to make things look better. :Chansiri:

It would actually benefit us more to move it to 18/19, as we’ve already been punished for the 3 year period ending 17/18 so that period is considered a £13m per season loss for P&S purposes (as per Birmingham). So if the profit from the stadium sale is shown in 18/19 it SPENDAGEDDON

lol

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Yorkowl.74 said:

Give him a chance! He’s trying to do them by himself! 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

This.

This afternoon he's got to mow the lawn, starch the kits, clean the boots, order some paperclips, refill the printer cartridges, get food for the canteen, sign a £5m player, sell a £1m player and also apply for a tax rebate in-between updating the website and changing a wheel on one of the coaches.

It's how all top businesses are run these days.  Give him a break.

• Haha 1