Accounts

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Are you sure?

The last accounts actually showed a profit due to the stadium sale. If the stadium sale is now diced into the forthcoming accounts having not been allowed in the previous one for EFL purposes, I would expect us to show similar. 

But the sale will be removed from the 17/18 accounts meaning that we’ll have posted £36m losses for that year.

Accounting for P&S 16/17 - 17/18 - 18/10

16/17 £20m loss

17/18 £36m loss

We’ve already failed tests 1 and 2 hence the soft sanctions that people keep telling me we aren’t under.

To get below the £39m upper limits and avoid another points deduction for a second consecutive result of overspending, we’ll have to post a profit of over £10m in 18/19.

Not going to happen. We’re screwed until next season at the earliest.

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You see that writing on the main section of the site?
Them sentences?
They're called thread titles

They're a great way of figuring out which one of the threads you're interested in

Not always...

Some of them are like adverts on TV that you watch for 30 seconds but still have no idea what they are supposed to be advertising!

11 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

So if the accounts are all fine and dandy....why wont he release them? My guess he will yry and drag it out till end of season so any further punishment will be next season

If accounts or not submitted to the EFL on time, they are able to impose sanctions which include:

16.7.2  subject the Club to a registration embargo such that it shall not be permitted to register any Player with that Club without the prior written consent of The League until such time as the breach identified by Regulation 16.6 has been rectified in its entirety to The League’s satisfaction.

Given our recent signing of Green, we must have some ongoing agreement/negotiation with them as they simply would not allow us to just 'drag it out until the end of the season'.

19 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

But the sale will be removed from the 17/18 accounts meaning that we’ll have posted £36m losses for that year.

16/17 £20m loss

17/18 £36m loss

We’ve already failed tests 1 and 2 hence the soft sanctions that people keep telling me we aren’t under.

To get below the £39m upper limits and avoid another points deduction for a second consecutive result of overspending, we’ll have to post a profit of over £10m in 18/19.

How and where does the stadium sale factor into this? Isn't that to be included in 18/19 after being incorrectly placed in year before? 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
25 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It's not good enough is it. These accounts are now 6 months late.

On 5th November he said they would be published 'soon'. On 31st December he said the accounts had been finished and would be published 'soon'.

I guess 'soon' is a relative concept dependent on what time scale you are comparing it to! 

Actually 9 months, given we used the extended deadline allowed because of Covid

7 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

16/17 £20m loss

17/18 £36m loss

But we had this conversation a year ago when this came to light. 

Birmingham were deducted 9 points for their breach covering 2015-16 to 2017-18.

In 2018-19 they lost another £8M, taking their 3-year rolling losses to around £60M so why didn't they incur another points deduction? 

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

But we had this conversation a year ago when this came to light. 

Birmingham were deducted 9 points for their breach covering 2015-16 to 2017-18.

In 2018-19 they lost another £8M, taking their 3-year rolling losses to around £60M so why didn't they incur another points deduction? 

I’m posting on my phone at minute, so I’ll reply soon.

36 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

So if the accounts are all fine and dandy....why wont he release them? My guess he will yry and drag it out till end of season so any further punishment will be next season

I'd rather get deducted this season than have another nowt season where the best we can hope for is staying up. 

Guest Therealrealist
27 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If accounts or not submitted to the EFL on time, they are able to impose sanctions which include:

16.7.2  subject the Club to a registration embargo such that it shall not be permitted to register any Player with that Club without the prior written consent of The League until such time as the breach identified by Regulation 16.6 has been rectified in its entirety to The League’s satisfaction.

Given our recent signing of Green, we must have some ongoing agreement/negotiation with them as they simply would not allow us to just 'drag it out until the end of the season'.

Even under an umbongo we could have signed freebie green..as long as we arnt paying him more than 12k a week...which im sure we wont be

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

I'd rather get deducted this season than have another nowt season where the best we can hope for is staying up. 

Same

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Even under an umbongo we could have signed freebie green..as long as we arnt paying him more than 12k a week...which im sure we wont be

My previous post quoted the rule directly from the EFL website, stating that agreement would have to be sought for any player registration regardless of if they were free or what their wages were. 

If the EFL wanted to, they could have denied registration if they were kicking up a fuss about our accounts.

Doesn't deter from the fact that they should have been filed by now though.