Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, s29wfc said:

And what's wrong with just wanting a coach to coach the players. Its what happens now at many clubs in England and around Europe. Its simple, Get results and you stay in a job, fans weren't complaining when we had Carvalhal and his staff just doing the coaching.

That would be valid if we had a successful recruitment policy. 
A decent coach will not be interested in coming here if he can choose the type of players he wants, and conversely has little say in what players are retained.

 

The horses that Carvalhal had in the stable were of a different pedigree to the plodders we’ve had since.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


That's not what Biggs is saying and his info comes from before Newcastle came in for Bruce

I think he is wrong, think Bruce laid law down and got response by getting Downes and Strudwick in. There may have been strong words and threats but he got his way. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

 


Yep


This morning it's Alan Biggs and Paul Cook's fault according to some people


And we wonder how this club has been allowed to go down the drain when you have people with mindsets like that who ignore anyone and everyone screaming the most blatant warnings to us about our club


Everyone knows about DC and what he’s like.

 

What are they warning us about exactly, and what do they expect us to do? 
 

This is his club. He chooses to run it this way. That’s the bottom line 

 

Ex players are just regurgitating the same stuff we’ve known for years 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:


Everyone knows about DC and what he’s like.

 

What are they warning us about exactly, and what do they expect us to do? 
 

This is his club. He chooses to run it this way. That’s the bottom line 

 

Ex players are just regurgitating the same stuff we’ve known for years 

 

 

 

Bizarre you post this when all morning we've had post after post after post denying Chansiri is a problem


So clearly your theory that 'everyone knows about DC and what he's like' is incorrect


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

 

So basically it's everyone in football, and all the journalists, and all the ex-players who are ALL screaming that something is wrong - they're the ones that are wrong about everything

 

We've seen Carlton Palmer tweet like a mad man recently. Slating the club and desperately wanting the job at the same time.

 

This says alot.

 

He goes into the category..

 

Cook, Palmer, Cowley (want to be employed by Chansiri) but it seems unlikely and they resort to being bitter

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigash_swfc said:

 

We've seen Carlton Palmer tweet like a mad man recently. Slating the club 

 


Slating the club?

You've gone full pelt Qanon with that claim 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Head coach model is one that can work...

 

When that club is well run with a clear and functioning operating system including a CEO and knowledgeable football people all singing from the same song sheet ,working together in a joined up framework and planned transfer policy which is synced with the coaching style ,tactics and methods.

 

We have neither. 

 

Good luck Wednesdays next head coach. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

 


Slating the club?

You've gone full pelt Qanon with that claim 

 

What's that in the opening post?

 

"Carlton Palmer suggesting Monk was offered players" I suppose these are Alan Biggs words

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 


Slating the club?

You've gone full pelt Qanon with that claim 


To be fair Carlton only a couple of days ago said no manager worth his salt would take the job on. Then says he’ll have a pop today 😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Different set of recruitment team , the early signings mostly worked. Now it looks chaotic and desperate. Bruce managed to bring in some quality but its been mainly downhill since.

I want Chansiri out as much as anyone but I do have to laugh when  it's suggested that the quality players are the managers  and poor ones are Chansiri and his advisor's 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigash_swfc said:

 

What's that in the opening post?

 

"Carlton Palmer suggesting Monk was offered players" I suppose these are Alan Biggs words

 

 

You seem to suggest that everyone, managers, ex players, writers are ALL wrong and bitter and that Chansiri is the only one we should believe


I find that a stretch personally

 

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, pioowl said:

I would say the vast majority of clubs appoint coaches and that has been the case for a good few years now.


And they usually have people who know about football working around that Coach. A Director of Football etc. Not our set-up of a stubborn, ego-maniac chairman who is learning football as he goes who wants to run the show and is being taken advantage of by self-serving ‘advisors’ but doesn’t seem to want to admit it isn’t working.

 

Flipping Urby for gods sake... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You seem to suggest that everyone, managers, ex players, writers are ALL wrong and bitter and that Chansiri is the only one we should believe


I find that a stretch personally

 

It's the money game. 

 

Sort of like how every person in the world would take a knock from Joshua for 2 million.

Edited by bigash_swfc
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically it's everyone in football, and all the journalists, and all the ex-players who are ALL screaming that something is wrong - they're the ones that are wrong about everything


Meanwhile we have the current owner who's got us into a 12 point deduction, sold the stadium, buys dubious players repeatedly and often and calls the fans bad customers - he's the one who's right?

 


Got ya

  • Like 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Grandad said:

 

Youre right. we are just incredibly unlucky


Yeah every manager and every senior member of staff we’ve had under DC is just out to get Sheffield Wednesday. Every single one of them. Why can’t you understand this?


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

Head coach model is one that can work...

 

When that club is well run with a clear and functioning operating system including a CEO and knowledgeable football people all singing from the same song sheet ,working together in a joined up framework and planned transfer policy which is synced with the coaching style ,tactics and methods.

 

We have neither. 

 

Good luck Wednesdays next head coach. 

It can work but head coach has to be aligned with the type of players at club and it is extremely rare coach has no influence over player recruitment. very few examples exist where coach has no influence what so ever.

The models at huge clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid where they but players from top tier without great in put but you see Coaches at these clubs wanting players out and new players in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:


Yeah every manager and every senior member of staff we’ve had under DC is just out to get Sheffield Wednesday. Every single one of them. Why can’t you understand this?


 

And the EFL

  • Like 1

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...