Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, parajack said:

 

YAWN.....we know there have been Clubs that have folded ,you bring up Bury? You think that would be a comparison to SWFC??? Owls with the right investment & leadership,could easily achieve PL status....thats the difference.....


For that to happen the chairman has to be willing to sell, according to some on here he’s a vindictive dictator so if that were true do you think he’s incapable of liquidating the club out of spite?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Anyone can turn a corner ( except Bannan perhaps ).......but it doesn't make it the right direction.

 

lost_in_maze.jpg.3c8c8b3f96daf2ca8a263a3b5517bd12.jpg

 

What good does it do trying to make him as unhappy as possible to leave? 

 

I mean, no chairman has put in anything like he has and the way he is treated online is appalling. 

 

And before anyone lists his shortcomings and our failings, Im well aware but we're better with the devil we know, than the the devil we don't. 

 

And by the way, we beat alot of clubs to Andre Green. He definitely has the desire to build his asset 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

With the right investment and leadership any club could "easily" achieve PL status.   

You and many others on here always slate those who say be careful what you wish for and that there is always someone who will come in and invest. So when it gets pointed out to you that is not always the case you try and be smart with the response. You can't have it both ways

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, parajack said:

if the Chairman 'wasnt here' it would be because the Club would have been sold to another investor.....they dont just **** off.....stop being dramatic

 

TBF if the chairman runs out of money and no one buys the club, which due to how clubs are during this pandemic is quite possible, he maybe wouldn't have much option other than to **** off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

You and many others on here always slate those who say be careful what you wish for and that there is always someone who will come in and invest. So when it gets pointed out to you that is not always the case you try and be smart with the response. You can't have it both ways

 

So you want unsmart responses?  

 

Many fans have become wise after the event, DC had a fairly long honeymoon period with the fans, and whilst things were looking good on the pitch most were contented or didn't worry about off field events.

 

I agree that he needs to put someone in charge of the club and that he takes a back seat, seems such an obvious thing to do, but when you have ploughed as much money as he has into the club then I guess it's difficult to let go..

 

The trouble is for all Wednesdays obvious potential (to us fans) investors for whatever reason have steered clear of the club apart from DC.  Hopefully there is an investor waiting in the wings for the right moment to make their move, but there is no evidence of this and historically there is little expectation there will be, we can but hope.

 

We stuck with DC for the foreseeable future and to add to DC's woes by fans working against him seems to me be a case of cutting off our noses to spite our face.  I don't want to hurt the club by my actions but I do understand fans frustrations, I feel them myself. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand a lot of concerns that many of the fan base have, what I don’t understand is why, if you are genuinely concerned about our Chairman slowly killing the club, you would want to do something that could kill it quicker

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest everydays_wednesday
On 16/01/2021 at 00:22, Blue and white said:

So keep funding an incompetent megalomaniac who appear hell bent on controlling every aspect of the club with no knowledge of how to do whilst dragging our club to financial ruin, that sounds like a great idea, hell where do I sign up.

To be fair.....we weren’t saying that after 70 minutes v Hull at Wembley. He was the messiah when were 20 minutes from the Prem!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, everydays_wednesday said:

To be fair.....we weren’t saying that after 70 minutes v Hull at Wembley. He was the messiah when were 20 minutes from the Prem!

 

It's almost as if he's got a few things wrong since then, isn't it?

 

🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2021 at 00:45, Brommers said:

Why doesn't it stand up. It's not out of the question that numerous clubs outside the Premier league could go bust. No fan income must be a huge loss to clubs, our owner has invested heavily but may think is it worth putting more in when more and more of the fanbase are turning against him. I know I'd think twice in his position. And no I'm not blind to the fact he's made a  absolute pigs ear of running our club. 

The issue now is that the club is running into debt and no business can continue without future revenue. If the debts are too large then it will be impossible to sell, especially during the ongoing crisis, so inevitably we'll go into administration and this time it will be curtains, so unless you want to build a new club called The Wednesday and start off back in the conference, I'd suggest you patiently support the current regime until Mr C either gets tired of losing money and decides to sell at a loss, or alternatively wises up, backs off and allows a DOF or experienced manager to run the football side of the business. Having said that, we might get lucky and progress with what we have. That's probably about the best we can hope for. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2021 at 00:09, Blue and white said:

We really need to act and and act now as a collective fan base.

I urge every Sheffield Wednesday fan to withdraw there financial support for the club until the current owner sells up and leaves.

The shame he has brought to this club through stupidity, ineptitude and sheer arrogance will live long in the football community.

Some will point out how do we withdraw our financial support if we can't attend games, I say don't subscribe to Ifollow, don't buy merchandise, don't even buy a fecking 2 pence chew of its conected to Chansiri, hell I've even started boycotting John West products.

Please don't kill your club by blindly backing our owner, stand tall grow a pair and make it clear this is our club, it was here before he was even a good idea in his dad mind and it will be hundreds of ears after we have all departed this earth.

God bless.

You are much more likely to kill our club by taking any of those actions ,and , you fool, make it harder to sell.Please think before posting things like this as some people might listen to you.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

It's almost as if he's got a few things wrong since then, isn't it?

 

🙄

 

Guarantee he hasn't been on Owlstalk again after hearing about Jordan Rhodes.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

DC is banking on staying up, with COVID ending in the Summer with fans back next season and we go again for promotion.

 

Who he installs as manager and what players PAXO brings in will be the determining factors, not how much a ST is, which is a different subject.

 

He nearly did it (twice) with CC, who let's face it wasn't that involved in bringing in players, so DC will be thinking it can happen again with the same model.

 

SWFC lost £9.8m in that Wembley season of 2015/16 so why couldn't we do the same? It is a sustainable amount and a P&S target. 

 

DC wants the fans to contribute towards this plan and keep the revenue as high as possibly. Most fans did this between 2015 and 2017 because it looked like we were nearly there on the pitch. Clearly since then we've come off the rails because of a ridiculous player wage policy, targeted at has-beens and we have suffered as a result.

 

Learn from this and there's nothing to stop the club getting into the play-off within 2 years. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, parajack said:

if the Chairman 'wasnt here' it would be because the Club would have been sold to another investor.....they dont just **** off.....stop being dramatic

where are all these so called investers? they dont exist anymore nobody for a very long time is chucking money at football . only saudi oil sheiks have money now . its  a matter of hoping your owner pays the bills or you go bust .

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, pioowl said:

You are much more likely to kill our club by taking any of those actions ,and , you fool, make it harder to sell.Please think before posting things like this as some people might listen to you.

exactly ,some fans just dont want us to survive , these are no ordinary times the club has zero income and even if that changes this year it still wont be anywhere near normal amount coming in, 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2021 at 00:09, Blue and white said:

We really need to act and and act now as a collective fan base.

I urge every Sheffield Wednesday fan to withdraw there financial support for the club until the current owner sells up and leaves.

The shame he has brought to this club through stupidity, ineptitude and sheer arrogance will live long in the football community.

Some will point out how do we withdraw our financial support if we can't attend games, I say don't subscribe to Ifollow, don't buy merchandise, don't even buy a fecking 2 pence chew of its conected to Chansiri, hell I've even started boycotting John West products.

Please don't kill your club by blindly backing our owner, stand tall grow a pair and make it clear this is our club, it was here before he was even a good idea in his dad mind and it will be hundreds of ears after we have all departed this earth.

God bless.

What you suggest would kill the club not help it. 

I presume you want to see a new owner. For them to want to take over it has got to look to be worth while and too much time is spent making us look to be a very poor fan base.

I am very aware of our current failings and these are down to poor decision making. 

DC has indicated negative attitude on social media puts investors off and on this point(one of only a few) he is correct. It certainly does put business off. Ask yourself who in right mind would put millions in and get slated and questioned at every turn. Suffer abuse and be despised and he is only man in last 20 plus years who has seriously invested in club.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand lots of fans want him gone.... has there been any genuine interest in anybody buying chansiri out? Looking at the derby situation its best to tread carefully

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...