Paul Cook spills all: NOT currently in talks with Sheffield Wednesday

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Might be stuff YOU already know but as we see in every single article by every single writer there are always those that don't

It's a simple case of the article isn't being written for YOU specifically but the wider public

You’re missing my point but I think you already know that so I’ll leave it there.

30 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Haha thanks, I had a think whether to post that or not. I just feel he's got some sour grapes with it all. It's the last paragraph what mostly does it for me really, with him talking about modern day football and with good clubs needing to be allowed to manage them, if not you're an employee. This is the complete opposite today though with good/big clubs, like someone kinda mentioned before with the Spurs documentary (Chansiri wants a head coach not a manager remember.) I just feel he didn't need to say this, he could have just said something along the lines of I applied last time, but got no answer. The club made contact this time, but talks are no longer happening etc. I thank the supporters/club and wish them well in the future. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. I've just got up and thought I'll write my thoughts on it again, I'll check all the other news/information on it later.          

Eh?

He was literally so complimentary of the club and fans and the opportunity to be contacted. 

He was asked a question and he answered it honestly without revealing too much. He did it in a respectful way.

What a bizarre post

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bagarri said:

You make it sound as if Chansiri/Paxo has some sort of plan or work flow...there really isn’t. It’s just a hit and hope policy. Bored of his sh*t, as are many.

Yes, I think it's fair to say that neither has a clue what he's doing.

I wouldn't put either in charge of a coconut shy.

Churchill.png

• Like 1

Was never going to get the job.

What is clear is that DC and his advisors want to control transfers and given their dire record in the transfer market, we are in big trouble.

We might stay up this season but with 15 players out of contract and a massive rebuild in the summer, id make us favourites for relegation next season!

2 hours ago, Bagarri said:

You make it sound as if Chansiri/Paxo has some sort of plan or work flow...there really isn’t. It’s just a hit and hope policy. Bored of his sh*t, as are many.

If you read my other posts I’d agree with you. We don’t have a transparent structure and I don’t know what our plan is. But generally speaking there has been recruitment from this league and above on younger more athletic players and our academy seems to have a focus too.

But to make out that having other influences on recruitment is unusual is wrong as it isn’t. There needs to be balance to the concerns and criticism 

In my view it must be the culture at the club more generally under that is putting managers off.

18 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Must be a big change from what they were championing in the press when Koeman was there then 

It is true, many topics on web on subject of how he structured club including training. He signed Walcott against his normal recruitment which is usually centred around young players. He said he signed him "because he had such enthusiasm for club I would not normally sign a player of his age". Think this tells you his involvement with signings.

Some managers with things do not come off often blame they were not allowed to sign players they wanted no idea with Koeman but he inherited good stock of players when he took the job.

Many coaches have influence on players recruited to a clubs abroad, lots of bullshit written about coaches going in and working with players provided for them. In most cases it is an absolute disaster  This requires a clear policy on type of football you play and ensuring right balance to side and all playing positions, not just random recruitment and hoping for best.

Also you have to have a coach who fits style of players you have. Lord Snooty points out our recruitment strategy is so mismatched you would have difficulty saying what style suits our players best.

A manager is required to implement a strategy and get away with mismatch of recruiting which has gone on. Those in charge have left us with an odd assortment of players and an out of balance squad and this is not first time this has happened in recent years.

Latest we need a right winger so we have just signed a left winger. The list of this type of fiasco is endless. No left back , no centre forward, only way out of mess at moment is old fashioned manager who knows his stuff.

10 minutes ago, Quist said:

It is true, many topics on web on subject of how he structured club including training. He signed Walcott against his normal recruitment which is usually centred around young players. He said he signed him "because he had such enthusiasm for club I would not normally sign a player of his age". Think this tells you his involvement with signings.

Some managers with things do not come off often blame they were not allowed to sign players they wanted no idea with Koeman but he inherited good stock of players when he took the job.

Many coaches have influence on players recruited to a clubs abroad, lots of bullshit written about coaches going in and working with players provided for them. In most cases it is an absolute disaster  This requires a clear policy on type of football you play and ensuring right balance to side and all playing positions, not just random recruitment and hoping for best.

Also you have to have a coach who fits style of players you have. Lord Snooty points out our recruitment strategy is so mismatched you would have difficulty saying what style suits our players best.

A manager is required to implement a strategy and get away with mismatch of recruiting which has gone on. Those in charge have left us with an odd assortment of players and an out of balance squad and this is not first time this has happened in recent years.

Latest we need a right winger so we have just signed a left winger. The list of this type of fiasco is endless. No left back , no centre forward, only way out of mess at moment is old fashioned manager who knows his stuff.

Either way it was an approach that Soton had under Koeman when they were selling players for vast sums. DOF did all the recruiting. It may have changed now.

In terms of our strategy in recent seasons. I think it’s been focusing on stats, age and contract status. Players are mainly quick and physical I don’t think it’s that mismatched other than when that was mixed with the old CC technicians 

16 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Continental coaches are used to this so that’s probably what we will get now.

Fairly sure Southampton and others have adopted the model whereby the club adopts an approach and recruitment strategy and the manager/coach feeds into that and manages the squad but isn’t in old school control.

Doesnt float with traditional English managers but it’s not that unusual in modern football

Isn't that what Brentford, Watford and Barnsley do?.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Minesapint said:

Looks to me as though Cook may have seen the report on Ivič yesterday and jumped the gun. He might be regretting it now if so 

Was convenient how they both came out within hours of each other.

let’s hope calmer heads can prevail and a deal can be reached but probably won’t as he did go public which probably hasn’t helped .

• Like 1