Paul Cook spills all: NOT currently in talks with Sheffield Wednesday

I mean, what is the barometer of success here? 

We stick to this "model/structure" and get progressively worse. And yet the penny never seems to drop...

I suspect what happens is the worse it gets, the more Chansiri (egged on by his advisers) deflects and blames the manager, the fans etc.

The mindset seems to be: "I know what I'm doing. We've assembled this great squad (they haven't). You should be challenging for promotion." 

I don't like Pulis, but I believe a big part of him getting sacked was his views on the brilliant squad assembled by Chansiri.

On the other hand, Monk was willing to go along with the farce, but was incapable of getting anything consistent out of the team.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Continental coaches are used to this so that’s probably what we will get now.

Fairly sure Southampton and others have adopted the model whereby the club adopts an approach and recruitment strategy and the manager/coach feeds into that and manages the squad but isn’t in old school control.

Doesnt float with traditional English managers but it’s not that unusual in modern football

Southampton manager has huge input into club. He has formulated strategy from ground up.It is his choice who they sign.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

True

I wonder what OUR strategy is (or has been over the last 5 years) and why we're sticking to it?

The fact it is not clear what strategy is says it all. The only time when we moved in right direction when Bruce was in charge. He brought fitness and recruitment guys in which were required.

Unfortunately you need individuals in a club whose focus is only on Wednesday and not running their own and other businesses (i do not mean DC). This leads to conflict of interest and problems.

Terrible news for Wednesday. No manager worth his salt woud accept job under those constraints.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh look - a post about the writer and not debating the topic - how novel and how thrilling

I know what your saying but AB is a master at telling us stuff we already know. I thought his programs on Sheffield live were good though.

3 minutes ago, sage owl said:

I know what your saying but AB is a master at telling us stuff we already know. 

Might be stuff YOU already know but as we see in every single article by every single writer there are always those that don't

It's a simple case of the article isn't being written for YOU specifically but the wider public

Owlstalk Shop

13 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Continental coaches are used to this so that’s probably what we will get now.

Fairly sure Southampton and others have adopted the model whereby the club adopts an approach and recruitment strategy and the manager/coach feeds into that and manages the squad but isn’t in old school control.

Doesnt float with traditional English managers but it’s not that unusual in modern football

You make it sound as if Chansiri/Paxo has some sort of plan or work flow...there really isn’t. It’s just a hit and hope policy. Bored of his sh*t, as are many.

43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WHAT

THE

FOOOOOOOK

Haha thanks, I had a think whether to post that or not. I just feel he's got some sour grapes with it all. It's the last paragraph what mostly does it for me really, with him talking about modern day football and with good clubs needing to be allowed to manage them, if not you're an employee. This is the complete opposite today though with good/big clubs, like someone kinda mentioned before with the Spurs documentary (Chansiri wants a head coach not a manager remember.) I just feel he didn't need to say this, he could have just said something along the lines of I applied last time, but got no answer. The club made contact this time, but talks are no longer happening etc. I thank the supporters/club and wish them well in the future. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. I've just got up and thought I'll write my thoughts on it again, I'll check all the other news/information on it later.          

Edited by Incognito Owl
  • Haha 1