Paul Cook “ If you’re not allowed to manage, then you’re an employee and not a manager.”

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

I hope you are right.

FFP is rolling, but with Wednesday still not releasing their accounts, all we can do is speculate (while wondering why they still haven't released them).

Wage bill is bound to be down, but it was very very high compared to revenue, so even a cliff edge drop might not be enough to make us sustainable.  I'm speculating that we are still at or close to the £13m a year losses operationally, but for FFP purposes, in profit as Hillsborough sale is moved forward a year.

We've been doing porridge for several years now, I hope this is the year we are free of it all.

All we have is hope!! 

But look at it this way, Westwood & Rhodes combines salary is likely the salaries of Harris, Iorfa, Luongo, Dunkley & Moses.

Just releasing them can allow us 5 other solid pros at this level. 

JvA & Lees earn the same amount each as Dunkley & Iorfa. So getting rid of one, funds the two others. Getting rid of both funds 4 more players. 

Bannan & Reach offer a little more in terms of ROI but so they should as they’re two of the higher paid players in our squad and the division (barring relegated teams). 

I think the club is being better run now, be that through force of EFL or Penney finally dropping but next season will be first season in last 5/6 that we likely have a sustainable budget. 

1 hour ago, Mrmason69 said:

I've been saying this for over four years and getting slagged off for it. 

I've been telling everyone what was going to happen for over four years and getting slagged off for it. 

And now everything I've said about Chansiri and his peculiar approach to running a football club has come true. 

I told you all this was going to happen over four years ago. 

Sadly it's all come to pass. 

How many of those who slagged me off over four years ago now agree with me?

You lost any credibility when you said his son picked both the players and team you big ranting fruitcake!

• Haha 1

Paul Cook has bailed out of every job he has had by going to a better club or in the case of Wigan throwing the towel in on relegation.

Now he is saying he wants all of DCs money to spend himself like a kid in a sweet shop , to get his players and everything he wants. Well bully to Paul cook, but given he will be off as soon as another club shows the tops of their stockings to him, as has been the case his whole career, I can see why DC is wary . Especially after the snake Bruce made our third choice goalie the highest paid player at the club and bailed almost straight away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone could be forgiven for thinking it isn't actually Chansiri calling the shots at Hillsbro. 

I would have zero problems with us just having a coaching team with a first team coach and his people. That is, in the case the people bringing players in do not run things for their own agenda but actually work in the best interests of the club.

I think many posters here are right that it is the way the big clubs work. The first team coach can voice out his opinions of types that he needs but other people bring them in.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Except without him, who would pay the bills? Maybe you'd prefer admin. and be like Wigan.

Admin?

You think there is no viable investment alternative on planet earth?...

“I said (the club was up for sale) in our forum because our fans say, ‘We not good, the chairman not good and you should change, you need to bring another one here’. 

“I wanted to tell all the fans we have problem with FFP (Financial Fair Play) and to spend money is difficult.

If we spend over we break FFP. It is not like I don’t have money to spend. I told the forum, ‘If you think I am not good enough then I put up for sale’. 

“Some say maybe no-one want. But I want to say, after I say that in the forum, the next day an offer come along from £30m.”

• Like 2
11 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I don’t think this is much more than a manager who didn’t get the job

Hate this 

It’s clear things are wrong here but soon as anyone external points it out we get bitter comments like this 

Sad times

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, BRUCE LEE said:

Admin?

You think there is no viable investment alternative on planet earth?...

“I said (the club was up for sale) in our forum because our fans say, ‘We not good, the chairman not good and you should change, you need to bring another one here’. 

“I wanted to tell all the fans we have problem with FFP (Financial Fair Play) and to spend money is difficult.

If we spend over we break FFP. It is not like I don’t have money to spend. I told the forum, ‘If you think I am not good enough then I put up for sale’. 

“Some say maybe no-one want. But I want to say, after I say that in the forum, the next day an offer come along from £30m.”

Well if you think there would be lots of investors wanting to take over a club in the current financial climate and with our debts, I think you're sadly deluded.

11 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Cook would have took the job, so would cowley...lucky escape with cowley..

Hughton was said to be not interested..lucky escape again

Hughton was brought to Forest to get them out of the relegation zone. 

They are hardly setting the world of football alight but he has them 3 pts above the drop with half the season left to go. 

Doing the job ok in my view 

14 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Except without him, who would pay the bills? Maybe you'd prefer admin. and be like Wigan.

People post this absolute nonsense regularly yet can never explain it in any great detail

To people who post this stuff they think that the club could only ever function under the current ownership

We had posts like this when Dave Richards was chairman

We had loads of posts like this when Dave Allen was chairman

We had loads of posts like this when Milan was chairman

Thst should tell you everything you need to know

There is nothing as baseless as a ‘careful what you wish for’ post when it comes to chairmen and owners of SWFC

I wish people would just stop but sadly it seems some people really do genuinely believe it (until it’s explained to them how wrong they are) 

Owlstalk Shop

29 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

All we have is hope!! 

But look at it this way, Westwood & Rhodes combines salary is likely the salaries of Harris, Iorfa, Luongo, Dunkley & Moses.

Just releasing them can allow us 5 other solid pros at this level. 

JvA & Lees earn the same amount each as Dunkley & Iorfa. So getting rid of one, funds the two others. Getting rid of both funds 4 more players. 

Bannan & Reach offer a little more in terms of ROI but so they should as they’re two of the higher paid players in our squad and the division (barring relegated teams). 

I think the club is being better run now, be that through force of EFL or Penney finally dropping but next season will be first season in last 5/6 that we likely have a sustainable budget. 

Bit harsh to blame our financial woes on the lad.

3 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Well if you think there would be lots of investors wanting to take over a club in the current financial climate and with our debts, I think you're sadly deluded.

That’s not how business works mate

People look for opportunities and a chance to get something when it’s up for grabs with loads of potential

The potential here is massive 

Please just think it through before posting this nonsense 

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Bit harsh to blame our financial woes on the lad.

Haha! Without the ability to edit I’m stuck blaming poor Matt. I realised the moment I hit post 😕 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Hate this 

It’s clear things are wrong here but soon as anyone external points it out we get bitter comments like this 

Sad times

To be there is a middle ground position here.

clubs in this league turn over managers very quickly, we have just had one who lasted 6 weeks.  That’s not going to change.  How many managers has Palmer played under at wednesday ? Must be coming up to 10 now.

There has to be consensus in decision making but we cannot have it all invested in the manager of the time. Otherwise we end up in crazy situations like Pulis saying we need to re sign Sam Hutchinson and it gets nodded through despite it being only a way to dig at Garry monk and ‘ win’ the fans around and nothing to do with football on the pitch.   Equally , the other side, we end up with poor Da Cruz showing up on loan who is no more than conference standard.

I agree with Jeremy Clarkson that nothing good is achieved in any meeting , but in the case of the squad it has to be a balanced decision each time and there has to be a veto in it from each component of that group to avoid the hutch/ da Cruz thing above .

• Like 1
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri has said himself he has turned down offers for the club in recent times 

Not necessarily good offers though. Just offers. I mean if someone offered you 10p for the site would you take it? 

Also he may (and I’m guessing/playing devils advocate here) actually believe he’s better placed to get us where we all want to be. He may actually want us to succeed, be it for vanity, ego, pride, financial return or actually caring about us? 

I’m not sure there are that many genuine buyers out there. I don’t know this to be true or false, but looking at how other clubs have struggled of late to get taken over I really don’t think we’d find another willing fool any time soon. 

I mean if anyone on here knows someone willing to Chuck tens/hundreds of millions into a loss making business I’ve a few magic beans going cheaply too 🙂

Just now, Philb125 said:

Not necessarily good offers though. Just offers. I mean if someone offered you 10p for the site would you take it? 

Also he may (and I’m guessing/playing devils advocate here) actually believe he’s better placed to get us where we all want to be. He may actually want us to succeed, be it for vanity, ego, pride, financial return or actually caring about us? 

I’m not sure there are that many genuine buyers out there. I don’t know this to be true or false, but looking at how other clubs have struggled of late to get taken over I really don’t think we’d find another willing fool any time soon. 

I mean if anyone on here knows someone willing to Chuck tens/hundreds of millions into a loss making business I’ve a few magic beans going cheaply too 🙂

Chansiri has himself told us repeatedly now that people have come in with offers to buy the club

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri has himself told us repeatedly now that people have come in with offers to buy the club

Again I say an offer could be £1. Or £50 or £1m. Not all offers are good offers. 

Also, this was when football had gate receipts. I wonder how many of the folk wanting to invest in the loss making company still do so. 

I don’t know the offers he received or if he did indeed receive them. It seems odd that many on here don’t believe a word he says except the stuff that make it easy to have a go. Like he had friends, or we’d get promoted in x years etc.... I mean he’s hardly been proved to be a transparent truthful person.