Video- New man linked but there would be an issue to his appoinment

28 minutes ago, Brian said:

Interesting point regarding the work permit issue.  This early into the new work permit requirements, I'm willing to guess there are loopholes to be exploited.

Not a new work permit, in fact an old work permit.  It's been operational for years.

The difference is that if he has EU citizenship then it's no longer certain he'd get a visa. Previously he had freedom to work.  I'm certain he must have EU citizenship, even if he's from a non-eu country.   

The likelihood of him getting a visa is based on FIFA rankings, and Israel and Greece someway down that list.  

Finally, he may also have settled status to live and work in the UK.

This is what a points based immigration system looks like, pros and cons.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Not a new work permit, in fact an old work permit.  It's been operational for years.

The difference is that if he has EU citizenship then it's no longer certain he'd get a visa. Previously he had freedom to work.  I'm certain he must have EU citizenship, even if he's from a non-eu country.   

The likelihood of him getting a visa is based on FIFA rankings, and Israel and Greece someway down that list.  

Pretty much it all new territory for football with transfers and managers in the uk 

4 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Gotcha.  Thanks for clarifying 👍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, punkyhorrors said:

Pretty much it all new territory for football with transfers and managers in the uk 

Nope. It's been in existence for years for those outside of the EU.

1 minute ago, Manwë said:

Nope. It's been in existence for years for those outside of the EU.

That not what I meant I meant it new for us as we. It had to do this for players who are eu or managers who where from the eu I know it been in football for years I remember when man you sign a player abs they had to have him out on loan for years before he could get his visa 

7 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

He is a Serbian National..he may have got dual nationality ..Greece allows it.

Serbia are not in the EU..

He would have no trouble at all getting a work permit.

Still would have trouble getting a work permit due to some of rules ie they don’t count israle as top league 

48 minutes ago, poite said:

Won't happen then. Chansiri would never exploit a loophole. Clean as a whistle that bloke 

DC doesn't need loopholes, he will just backdate the contract a couple of months.

Welcome to Hillsborough Wednesdays old manager. lol

• Haha 3

Just now, prowl said:

DC doesn't need loopholes, he will just backdate the contract a couple of months.

Welcome to Hillsborough Wednesdays old manager. lol

Foredated the EU referendum to June 2022.

had a squad at watford worth 200 million and couldnt get them firing , so how would somebody like him be able to get a squad worth 10 million doing well? whats chansiris aim? do as bad a job as possible to make the club worthless? this is not an appointment what will get anyone excited 

59 minutes ago, Brian said:

Interesting point regarding the work permit issue.  This early into the new work permit requirements, I'm willing to guess there are loopholes to be exploited.

Ii that why it's taken so long, possibly all needs sorting before being appointed? 

• Like 2