Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What would the general consensus be if Izzy Brown were to be recalled? Chelsea would look at the stats and see he’s hardly played and wouldn’t see any sign that he’ll be playing much in future so it wouldn’t be surprising.

 

I’d be disappointed to see him go. He’s been unfortunate with the early injury he picked up and then the managerial tale which saw him pretty much cast aside by Fuggin’Pulis.

 

He needs a run of more than ten minutes and a chance to play in his natural position, and perhaps a new manager can incorporate that.

 

thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


 

Why would Chelsea care if Izzy Brown is getting game time or not?

So they can sell him for 5 million when he has a good half a season and scores about 6 goals.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Another promising player wrecked by Chelsea. These kids need to stop joining that club


100% right join a league club lower down the pyramid. Play first team football and develop properly.

 

I worked with a Chelsea fan when we signed Baker and he was showing me clips of the goals he was scoring in Under 23s games. First game here he looked lost. I felt for him he clearly had bags of talent and had he developed playing men’s football could have been excellent. 
 

England prospects also damaged by this. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

They’re obviously sold the dream of being a Premier League player as a kid. A lot of them, like Baker, have gone abroad on loan and done better than they have in England. But I’d imagine because the end goal has always being playing in the PL they’re not interested in being a star in Holland or France instead. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been poor. But played under Monk and Pulis..... 

 

We know the lad is good enough from previous years in the league. Give the new manager a chance to assess and see if he fits into his thinking. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:


 

Why would Chelsea care if Izzy Brown is getting game time or not?


If he’s doing well, then they’d likely take up the years option they have on him and then sell him for decent money in the summer rather than letting him go on a free. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Another promising player wrecked by Chelsea. These kids need to stop joining that club

Saw Yesterday, Chelsea's longest serving player had left and joined Braga.

 

Was there about 10 years, playing 1 game.

 

Lucas Piazon.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Saw Yesterday, Chelsea's longest serving player had left and joined Braga.

 

Was there about 10 years, playing 1 game.

 

Lucas Piazon.

Absolutely crazy

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HighworthOwl said:


100% right join a league club lower down the pyramid. Play first team football and develop properly.

 

I worked with a Chelsea fan when we signed Baker and he was showing me clips of the goals he was scoring in Under 23s games. First game here he looked lost. I felt for him he clearly had bags of talent and had he developed playing men’s football could have been excellent. 
 

England prospects also damaged by this. 

It's basically selling your career, take the money now but unlikely you will become the best version you could of been. Ruben Loftus Cheek, solid player, but should probably be much better

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

It's basically selling your career, take the money now but unlikely you will become the best version you could of been. Ruben Loftus Cheek, solid player, but should probably be much better


I think your right. Sign a long term contract on crazy money play it out in the reserves and then either walk away from football or start again as a millionaire in your mid twenties.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...