Peterborough Chairman speaks out on Sheffield Wednesday and Chansiri

37 minutes ago, Señor Sam said:

No one should listen to the Peterborough chairman he's a conman and a thief. Google Macanthony Realty Spain, then give your heads a good shaking for supporting this thief.

I’ve just read up on it, very interesting. Got found not guilty though

Genuine question as just a bit unclear on the matter. When he says if you’ve a wealthy owner there should be no excuse for not paying the wages. Can an owner fund the wages out of their own pockets or surely wages are club expenses. Our problem has been that we have a wealthy owner who isn’t able to spend outside FFP rules. So no matter how wealthy the owner, if the club are not generating the income to pay wages then the owner can’t just put an extra say 2 million into the club to sort the problem. Not just us but Derby etc. I get they could maybe subsidise it for the month if the books balance but if the club is making less money than the wage bill month after month can the chairman just pay it? 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Wens-Dee said:

Genuine question as just a bit unclear on the matter. When he says if you’ve a wealthy owner there should be no excuse for not paying the wages. Can an owner fund the wages out of their own pockets or surely wages are club expenses. Our problem has been that we have a wealthy owner who isn’t able to spend outside FFP rules. So no matter how wealthy the owner, if the club are not generating the income to pay wages then the owner can’t just put an extra say 2 million into the club to sort the problem. Not just us but Derby etc. I get they could maybe subsidise it for the month if the books balance but if the club is making less money than the wage bill month after month can the chairman just pay it? 

I think the issue is cash flow rather than FFP this season. There must be flexibility on the latter given costs remain similar for clubs and income is nil.

To be fair he said he can’t criticise owners during a pandemic. It’s a huge burden for all of them to be fair as they are told to fulfill fixtures and they have to keep clubs in existence

12 hours ago, SiJ said:

I can imagine he's a proper pr*ck in "real" life, but he seems to be pretty on the ball when it comes to operating a club in the lower leagues. 

Yeah did me, my family and friends out of a significant amount of money regarding a property purchase back in 2007.

Took us 2 years to get the deposit back after he finally admitted the properties were never going to be built.

Treat us and the dozens of others with utter contempt.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

Yeah did me, my family and friends out of a significant amount of money regarding a property purchase back in 2007.

Took us 2 years to get the deposit back after he finally admitted the properties were never going to be built.

Treat us and the dozens of others with utter contempt.

Absolutely the guy is a complete shepherds stick. 

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
29 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Absolutely the guy is a complete shepherds stick. 

Most are. Our own owner not exactly Ghandi.

Posh hired staff who found Tomey for two bob from Newcastle and made millions on re-sale.

Again and again.

10 hours ago, Wens-Dee said:

Can an owner fund the wages out of their own pockets or surely wages are club expenses. Our problem has been that we have a wealthy owner who isn’t able to spend outside FFP rules

For FFP, club owners can cover all losses due to Covid, it's in the rules.

So Chansiri can cover every fan that hasn't come through the door, but December was the third time Wednesday haven't paid wages in full so cashflow is not a Covid specific issue at Wednesday.

He's paying Wednesday in installments using a backstreet lender for Hillsborough.

He's as rich as his dad allows him to be.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Quite interesting comments, starts just after 44:40

Darragh MacAnthony speaks out on Sheffield Wednesday

Didn't find it particularly insightful or intersting tbh.

Basically:
If Chansiri did X that's bad, if he did Y tht's good.. but we don't know which he did.
And this guy thinks no one should ever hire Pulis.

Not exactly amazing commentary.

14 hours ago, striker said:

"whoever his advisor is should be shot and fired"

lol

Who is arguing against that ?  I love people who shoot straight language is a bit rough but  I'd love it if we had this guy in to look at what's gone on and his take on it 

No doubt though, that DC has been poorly advised. Given the success of our year one recruitment, under Roeder and Co, why did he feel the need to change that recruitment model?  Without taking into consideration staged payments, and any loan fees we might have paid, we appear to have spent around 10m in year one, probably more like 9m net. With that spend, Carlos took us to a Wembley play off final Looking  at that season one squad, I reckon we would have reached the play offs without the 13m second year spend, maybe even promoted had we brought in 2 or 3 strategic loans. In season three, we spent a further 12m, most of it on Jordan Rhodes. So despite the new advisors bringing in a further 28 players , at a cost of nearly 25m, there was no real improvement So much money wasted, largely on ageing players who were no better than what we already had. 
That was the last of the real spending, in year four, we actually had a net profit on transfers of 1.2m. In the latest season, we again made a profit of somewhere around 6m. These are of course, estimated figures based on reported transfer fees, so probably not 100% accurate. As I said, they don’t take into account staged payments, or any loan fees that may have been paid, or even received. It’s the poor , and largely unnecessary, recruitment in seasons two and three, which has set us back, and led us to where we find ourselves today

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

Comes across like an arrogant a-hole to be honest. 

I heard the bit when he was taking about mental health and he had some good points. But he said "...if my daughter wanted a shrink she'd get one. If my wife wanted one, well why would she? She's got me"

I know it was a joke. I'm not going all 'snowflake' but the way he said it mixed with his attitude just makes me think, yeah that was joke, but you also meant it. 

20 hours ago, HullOwlPhil said:

What's the point of shooting someone and then firing them?

I can only assume he means shoot him in the kneecaps or something, then fire him.

You'd basically have to fire him at that point, or you'd have some real trouble with a "constructive dismissal" case.