ClueCooksCan,

Supercalifragellisticexpiallycook,

Cook it and see,

Ready steady Cook,

And my son's old favourite from when he was a little 'un, Big Cook, Little Cook

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Agreed, although Dunkley also seems to be an asset now.

Yeah we had a good habit of reviving players careers at one time, albeit players that were out of favour with their manager at the time, like Lee Chapman, John Sheridan and a couple of others. Although we did still have a go back then of also trying to turn bin men into strikers and then back into bin men again! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Fanstatic free signing in a position we are desperate in adds a lot to this squad 

you don’t need a manager to sign players like this on a free especially in our situation 

well done Wednesday 

welcome Andre 

Yes a low risk gamble and in a position we are lacking quality in if he can do a good job on the right wing and maybe weigh in with the odd goal.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Yeah we had a good habit of reviving players careers at one time, albeit players that were out of favour with their manager at the time, like Lee Chapman, John Sheridan and a couple of others. Although we did still have a go back then of also trying to turn bin men into strikers and then back into bin men again! 

We've still managed a few like that. Lees cost us 50k and Leeds couldn't give him away! 

If you listen to DC he said we had made offers to players before Pulis was sacked and this guy was one of them. Therefore a TP selection from out of contract market.

I presume we cold have withdrawn offer but stuck with it.

Hopefully does well.

6 minutes ago, Quist said:

If you listen to DC he said we had made offers to players before Pulis was sacked and this guy was one of them. Therefore a TP selection from out of contract market.

I presume we cold have withdrawn offer but stuck with it.

Hopefully does well.

I thought we were reported to have been interested in him during the last transfer window so that may have some bearing on it ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I thought we were reported to have been interested in him during the last transfer window so that may have some bearing on it ?

Agreed.

When he said we had made offers to players not many decent names out of contract. Immediate thoughts went to him as one out of contract player we were linked with. The other I thought of was that chap Musa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Quist said:

Agreed.

When he said we had made offers to players not many decent names out of contract. Immediate thoughts went to him as one out of contract player we were linked with. The other I thought of was that chap Musa.

Isn't he also a left winger ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FinnishOwl said:

Hope we don't try to stuff him up front but use his strengths. Some competition is welcome, although the signing could mean that Reach is leaving.

It could, but it is customary to have more than one player for each position. Just not for us since 2019.