Hourihane available

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Would be an excellent option at most clubs in this division, but where would he fit in here? He plays left central midfield, exactly where Bannan plays, and that’s probably the reason he didn’t come before.

Unless Bannan's going the other way in a tangled web of Villa tinged weirdness.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, York_Owl said:

We should have signed him rather than Winnall years ago.

Actually, I reckon we should have got them both as they worked extremely well together at Barnsley. With a better quality set of players around them (at the time) I think those near misses would have ended up in promotion.

• Like 2

Just now, Owl Be Back said:

Actually, I reckon we should have got them both as they worked extremely well together at Barnsley. With a better quality set of players around them (at the time) I think those near misses would have ended up in promotion.

Agreed.  The problem was the reaction from Barnsley fans after they sold Winnall to us on the cheap.  There'd have been uproar if we had got Hourihane as well.

• Haha 1

Quality player at this level. Would love us to sign him, would've loved us to have got him a few years ago. He's still a good enough to be class at this level. He'd be a good signing for any club at this level. Can't see it happening to be honest but would love it to happen, even though we still need to prioritise strengthening our attack. 

• Like 1