Rotherham fear Paul Cook appointment

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Why go Tony pulis then and not Cook last time.

What is your fetish for asking questions no one can actually answer?

Based on how the Pulis appointment turned out I can only assume it’s because we are f@ king idiots. 

As per my post I can only speculate that DC, or his advisors just don’t rate him. Before all the noise started on here I wouldn’t have been able to pick the bloke out of a lineup!

He could be brilliant or gash. No one will even know unless we appoint him. 

My guess is he’s probably an average manager. Or he’d already have a job. Given how many sh*t managers we’ve had maybe average would be a step in the right direction.

To be honest I think the job is going to be Thompson’s until the end of the season. The longer it takes the more likely that seems. 

3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

What is your fetish for asking questions no one can actually answer?

Based on how the Pulis appointment turned out I can only assume it’s because we are f@ king idiots. 

As per my post I can only speculate that DC, or his advisors just don’t rate him. Before all the noise started on here I wouldn’t have been able to pick the bloke out of a lineup!

He could be brilliant or gash. No one will even know unless we appoint him. 

My guess is he’s probably an average manager. Or he’d already have a job. Given how many sh*t managers we’ve had maybe average would be a step in the right direction.

To be honest I think the job is going to be Thompson’s until the end of the season. The longer it takes the more likely that seems. 

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

So it was a rhetorical question!

Why not just say so!

lol

I am just baffled why Cook seems to be everyone's first choice and a must for us thats all.

If it was Eddie Howe or something I could understand the mad 'get it done' Chansiri that's been going around.

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

It has been reported on Twitter that Ronnie Moore, long-standing Rotherham cluib servant, has descibed Paul Cook as a "top, top draw manager."

Rotherham are fearful that SWFC appointing Cook could remove a fellow relegation-threatened club from the battle at the bottom of the Championship.

In his view it really is a test of whether DC can get the deal for Paul Cook to take over as SWFC manager over the line.

Over to DC to make it happen.

May all come down to finances, DC may only want to give an initial short term contract plus which candidate is willing to put his name on the line if funds are limited.

26 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Let’s get some perspective here . Wigan were very unlucky to go down , no question. But Wigan were hopeless for at least half of last season . Let’s not pretend they were Brazil 1970. The game at home last season was by no means a classic , but they looked useless and devoid of ideas. 

You must be the most selective poster on here. You constant change the parameters of your stats to pursue your love of monk. It’s bizzare. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

lol

I am just baffled why Cook seems to be everyone's first choice and a must for us thats all.

If it was Eddie Howe or something I could understand the mad 'get it done' Chansiri that's been going around.

To be honest I am equally baffled.

The only things I really know about Paul Cook are he managed Wigan as they went bankrupt and has been out of work since. 

I have decided to make my manager choice purely on superficial factors, specifically how they look.

Im against touchline sportswear for managers (which rules Cook out). I want them to look cool but at the same time be animated and passionate. 

Im assuming that whoever we get will be fairly crap at actually managing a football club or they wouldn’t be coming here, so looks are now right at the top of the list. 

So far Fink is my choice as he’s got that cool vibe but it’s anyone’s game!

👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest everydays_wednesday
1 hour ago, ANDY said:

Cook isn’t coming.

The sooner we accept it the quicker we can be disappointed with who we do eventually get.  

I Fink you are right.

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Correct. 

Just like the next manager will be a contact of Paxo. 

Quite...though a man with an ounce of intelligence, might look at old Paxo and think: "Hang on, your mate was the worst manager I've appointed during this sh*tshow of 5 or so years. Perhaps I need to stop listening to you as much..." 

That is unless of course Mr Paxo is more than just an "adviser"...

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

To be honest I am equally baffled.

The only things I really know about Paul Cook are he managed Wigan as they went bankrupt and has been out of work since. 

I have decided to make my manager choice purely on superficial factors, specifically how they look.

Im against touchline sportswear for managers (which rules Cook out). I want them to look cool but at the same time be animated and passionate. 

Im assuming that whoever we get will be fairly crap at actually managing a football club or they wouldn’t be coming here, so looks are now right at the top of the list. 

So far Fink is my choice as he’s got that cool vibe but it’s anyone’s game!

👍

Here he is then, our new manager, available and can start tomorrow.

.image.png.8b2a85ff806747d74d15f6ccce62cd4a.png

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

It has been reported on Twitter that Ronnie Moore, long-standing Rotherham cluib servant, has descibed Paul Cook as a "top, top draw manager."

Rotherham are fearful that SWFC appointing Cook could remove a fellow relegation-threatened club from the battle at the bottom of the Championship.

In his view it really is a test of whether DC can get the deal for Paul Cook to take over as SWFC manager over the line.

Over to DC to make it happen.

That's all well and good but we need wins to avoid relegation!