Rotherham fear Paul Cook appointment

Nobody seems to want to answer what I have put in numerous threads. 

If Cook is so good. Why have Watford, Derby, Nottingham Forest, West Brom, us the first time around and Barnsley not snapped him up already this season.

Edited by pazowl55
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If Cook is so good. Why have Watford, Derby, Nottingham Forest, West Brom, us the first time around and Barnsley not snapped him up already this season.

Because they can attract better and most are in a better and more attractive position as a club than us. Think thats obvious.

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Because they can attract better and most are in a better and more attractive position as a club than us. Think thats obvious.

So basically what you are telling me then is he is not the man to get a team promoted out of this division.

Perhaps that is why we haven't hired him yet. Because long term our aim isn't to finish mid table in the championship.

I’m a Wednesday fan way more than a Football fan so really other than Wikipedia and what I read on here really don’t know much about Paul Cook or really any current Championship managers.

But what I do know is that Chansiri was sold on him he would already be here. He was available when we appointed Pulis, he was available when we fired Pulis, he is available now. And we haven’t appointed him. 
Now, obviously we might still give him the job, but it doesn’t seem likely, because if we’re going to do it we probably would have by now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Watford apart from Nigel Pearson always seem to employ a foreign coach and I dont think Paul Cook would be a good fit.
I think the plan all along at Derby was to get Rooney to be manager
Forest appointed Chris Houghton who I has a better track record then Cook
West Brom are in the Premier League and have gone for Big Sam due to his experience.

Think Paul Cook is a good fit for Wednesday if we are more stable off the field.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Watford apart from Nigel Pearson always seem to employ a foreign coach and I dont think Paul Cook would be a good fit.
I think the plan all along at Derby was to get Rooney to be manager
Forest appointed Chris Houghton who I has a better track record then Cook
West Brom are in the Premier League and have gone for Big Sam due to his experience.

Think Paul Cook is a good fit for Wednesday if we are more stable off the field.

Why go Tony pulis then and not Cook last time.

5 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m a Wednesday fan way more than a Football fan so really other than Wikipedia and what I read on here really don’t know much about Paul Cook or really any current Championship managers.

But what I do know is that Chansiri was sold on him he would already be here. He was available when we appointed Pulis, he was available when we fired Pulis, he is available now. And we haven’t appointed him. 
Now, obviously we might still give him the job, but it doesn’t seem likely, because if we’re going to do it we probably would have by now. 

We will give him the job if all our other targets fall through. 

10 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Sorry pazowl. I assumed it was a rhetorical question. 
But to answer as fully as I can:

1. How would anyone on Owlstalk be able to answer the question? We don’t work for any of those clubs. You’d have to write to each one individually to find out. You could send them a freedom of information request related to all communication with Paul Cook in it but I wouldn’t hold your breath. 
2. If I were to speculate it must be because they don’t think he was better than the manager they appointed. It might be that they were wrong but there is no way of testing it.

Not sure that helps but it’s the best I can do. 
👍

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Many posters on here ridiculed McMigo when he could not understand the stats that meant the Admin deduction relegated Wigan Athletic last season.

Withiout the EFL imposed points deduction Wigan Athletic would have finished mid-table in the Championship, some way above us.

Let’s get some perspective here . Wigan were very unlucky to go down , no question. But Wigan were hopeless for at least half of last season . Let’s not pretend they were Brazil 1970. The game at home last season was by no means a classic , but they looked useless and devoid of ideas. 

I thought Cook would be appointed early this week if it was going to happen. It looked a cert to me. That big grin on his face when he was asked about it seemed a dead give away, it looked like it was all signed and sealed. 

DC's choice obviously but if he brings in a foreign manager who turns out to be a dud and gets us relegated I think it will be the final straw for the majority of fans. If the guy saves us and starts an upswing in results we will have to accept DC got it right.

6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Why go Tony pulis then and not Cook last time.

Because Pulis was a big friend of the Chief Advisor and probably seen as a safe bet.
After Paul Cook I am not sure who else we could reasonably expect to get who has a decent CV.

Coleman and Keane I don't think would be good choices.
Of course might get someone from abroad who I have not heard of but with Covid and Brexit I am not sure we can.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Sorry pazowl. I assumed it was a rhetorical question. 
But to answer as fully as I can:

1. How would anyone on Owlstalk be able to answer the question? We don’t work for any of those clubs. You’d have to write to each one individually to find out. You could send them a freedom of information request related to all communication with Paul Cook in it but I wouldn’t hold your breath. 
2. If I were to speculate it must be because they don’t think he was better than the manager they appointed. It might be that they were wrong but there is no way of testing it.

Not sure that helps but it’s the best I can do. 
👍

Been a lot of clubs finding better managers than him. Including us last time out with Tony Pulis.