Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

Again, how can we be identifying players and signing when we don't have a manager yet?

 

 

We do have a recruitment team and perhaps they are doing the job and running it past the current incumbent Neal Thompson? Just a thought

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soldierboyblue said:

We do have a recruitment team and perhaps they are doing the job and running it past the current incumbent Neal Thompson? Just a thought

They would just be telling him. We have a new player for you. 

 

Watch class of 92. The Salford documentary. Gary Neville decides virtually everything even though Chris Casper is the director of football. 

Managers just highlight areas they need reinforcements. There is a bit in it when they sign the managers a player they does want and they say that Casper is doing it for the long term good of Salford and if managers just sign all the players they want then you are left with 10 players that are not wanted by the next manager and that you can't shift.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have gone for him in the summer, I said so in the thread about free agents back then, I've a few Villa mates and they were disappointed he was let go

 

Exactly what we need, young with potential

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

We do have a recruitment team and perhaps they are doing the job and running it past the current incumbent Neal Thompson? Just a thought

Recruitment team sounds really advanced, like they know what they're doing.

 

In reality it's Paxo phoning around his mates to see who can get him extra Clubcard points, and Atte Chansiri.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

good finish, but come on, I could create a compilation of JJ's best moments that would make him look like Ronaldo.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What does this mean about the manager situation? Do you reckon NT is staying longer than we think? As a player surely you'd like to know who you're playing for before you sign. What if you're not going to be in the new managers plans? 

 

Or am I just reading far too much into it? 

 

We've not even signed Green FFS. 

 

I've not read the forum, but have we had any, "I won't believe it until it's on the website" comments? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

good finish, but come on, I could create a compilation of JJ's best moments that would make him look like Ronaldo.


Id be pleased if we signed a young JJ right now though 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Replacement for the out bound Reach maybe?? 

 

The lads an attack minded winger that like the ball to feet , so probably didn't want to play hoofball under Pulis or monk /neither wanted him as he dosent suit there style. 

Dc has told him who's taking over so Could want to play for our potential new manager 

My thoughts exactly. Did we need 'another' winger? That being said, Harris doesn't have an end product so I don't think he'd be missed if he was dropped. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, waverley_owl said:

My thoughts exactly. Did we need 'another' winger? That being said, Harris doesn't have an end product so I don't think he'd be missed if he was dropped. 


I certainly think we do need another winger. Harris has been poor all season and currently has no one pushing for his place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, waverley_owl said:

My thoughts exactly. Did we need 'another' winger? That being said, Harris doesn't have an end product so I don't think he'd be missed if he was dropped. 

Were bringing him in so when cook takes over he's going to convert him into a cf becouse we can't get one. 

He's going to be the T Henry of the championship. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Were bringing him in so when cook takes over he's going to convert him into a cf becouse we can't get one. 

He's going to be the T Henry of the championship. 

Funnily enough, you could imagine that happening. Unlike our other wide options, Reach and Harris, Green does seem to have a lot of the attributes of a striker. Yeah I know, except for goalscoring, but it wouldn’t be the first time a less than prolific winger, has found his calling as a striker

Link to post
Share on other sites

On paper, looks like a good signing - but football isn’t played on paper and you do wonder why he hasn’t been snapped up already by another club

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Funnily enough, you could imagine that happening. Unlike our other wide options, Reach and Harris, Green does seem to have a lot of the attributes of a striker. Yeah I know, except for goalscoring, but it wouldn’t be the first time a less than prolific winger, has found his calling as a striker

 

I hope so as we desperately need a quick and powerful striker.

 

Think someone like him would play well off Paterson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

On paper, looks like a good signing - but football isn’t played on paper and you do wonder why he hasn’t been snapped up already by another club

or even us

Link to post
Share on other sites

If we line up in the Championship next season with a fresh start and a team like Green, Iorfa, Wickham, Bannan, Shaw and to be fair, with the effort Paterson and Reach have shown, they deserve a mention...can see us having a go

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Tell me again how our managers choose incoming players

Didn't Chansiri say the manager determines the requirements (type of player, position etc.), the recruitment team then go off and find the players that meets the requirement and then the manager says yay or nay to them.

 

However, without currently having a manager, that's clearly not happening now at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...