Andre Green incoming

Guest hirstysfags

Guest mrbluesky
4 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

So according to that article a winger who's strength is crossing ability but weakness is end product, WTF does that supposed to mean lol

It means Harris II

16 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Nixon saying its not done and a few Brentford fans reckon he's off to them instead.

think I can take a stab at a decent owlstalk response In both scenarios 

If he signs for brentford he will be exactly the signing we should have got young quick attacking and will be worth millions in a year and we’re a poor excuse of a club not to have got it done 

if he signs for us we’re desperate signing a poor crock on expensive wages that hasn’t planned for months unfit and nobody wants 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

Guest domSWFC

I don't know a great deal about him so I'm not expecting him to be a star. But he's still young, has experience at this level and adds more depth to a position we are seriously lacking.

Could be a very shrewd signing, even just as a different option on the bench. 

Replacement for the out bound Reach maybe?? 

The lads an attack minded winger that like the ball to feet , so probably didn't want to play hoofball under Pulis or monk /neither wanted him as he dosent suit there style. 

Dc has told him who's taking over so Could want to play for our potential new manager 

49 minutes ago, fpowl said:

If he signs for brentford he will be exactly the signing we should have got young quick attacking and will be worth millions in a year and we’re a poor excuse of a club not to have got it done 

if he signs for us we’re desperate signing a poor crock on expensive wages that hasn’t planned for months unfit and nobody wants 

Or, what’s kept us, he’s been available since the summer

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Brentford wouldnt touch him with a bragepole, there a progressive club,they dont have advisors they have a dedicated team that scruitinise every facet of a targets game,then check his physical and mental health,look at training records,then look at if he fits the clubs style of play and wage structure.

Brentford are light years ahead of us,but then so are most of the division

Edited by legendaryswan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Or, what’s kept us, he’s been available since the summer

As someone else said maybe didn’t think he would progress under monk or pullis, waiting for a better offer. No better offers come in, maybe the club have made a decision.  Funny that there’s two decent young players linked today?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fpowl said:

That's because if he signs for Brentford he'll be exactly the player you describe.

If he signs for us without doubt he'll be bobbar.

The Owlstalk response is based on years of past experience.

lol

• Like 1

Does nobody understand how modern football works? There's a recruitment team, agents, advisors who all recommend players. The manager has some input but largely the decision is by committee (perhaps not the Roeder type ;)).

I believe Luongo, Bates & Murphy were all signed when Bullen was still in charge last time.

It's the nature of the modern game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Does nobody understand how modern football works? There's a recruitment team, agents, advisors who all recommend players. The manager has some input but largely the decision is by committee (perhaps not the Roeder type ;)).

I believe Luongo, Bates & Murphy were all signed when Bullen was still in charge last time.

It's the nature of the modern game.

It's just ours is not very good.

Although this is better.