Andre Green incoming

Guest hirstysfags

Just now, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

So according to that price a winger who's strength is crossing ability but weakness is end product, WTF does that supposed to mean lol

Only scored 2 goals in championship in 19/20 season according to transfer market

Guest whowantstoberich
16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If he's good why is he a free agent?

Lionel Messi is a free agent in a few month

18 minutes ago, OwlsfaninNorway said:

Hmm. Is this Chansiri's gift to the next manager, or has Thompson recommended him. If the former, then; STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID. Why use club money on wages on someone you don't know will be playing.. Oh, did I mention: STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID.

I don’t think DC is going to appoint anyone who isn’t prepared to work with the squad given to him or anyone who wants his own players.

Edited by 109Waddle

I posted before about Green when we were discussing free agents a few months ago (I think). 

Seen him play a couple of times and IMO he’s got the ability to be a decent player at this level, obviously hasn’t lived up to the potential he showed when he was in his teens but if he had we wouldn’t be signing him for nowt.

He’s played PL football and represented England up to U20s, still only 22, could be a smart piece of business.

Also maybe bringing in a wide player shows that the coaching staff have realised that 3 or 5 at the back doesn’t work which is good news! Looking forward to him getting up to speed, could be an interesting signing 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

So according to that article a winger who's strength is crossing ability but weakness is end product, WTF does that supposed to mean lol

He’ll be expected to play the lone striker role & while he can put a good cross in he’s not yet perfected the art of getting on the end of his own crosses.

3 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

I posted before about Green when we were discussing free agents a few months ago (I think). 

Seen him play a couple of times and IMO he’s got the ability to be a decent player at this level, obviously hasn’t lived up to the potential he showed when he was in his teens but if he had we wouldn’t be signing him for nowt.

He’s played PL football and represented England up to U20s, still only 22, could be a smart piece of business.

Also maybe bringing in a wide player shows that the coaching staff have realised that 3 or 5 at the back doesn’t work which is good news! Looking forward to him getting up to speed, could be an interesting signing 

We'll see, Paul cook at Wigan liked to play a positive 3-5-2 with wingers as wing backs

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not sure why he hasn’t been snapped up before. I’ve always thought he has a higher ceiling than he’s previously shown. Good attributes, and in theory anyway, no reason that, if he can find a bit of calmness in front of goal, goals won’t flow

I think this would be a decent signing. The sort of player I was hoping we’d bring in the summer rather than Kachunga and Paterson.