Wow Wayne Rooneys Derby !

2 hours ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

I can’t see how anyone takes amusement in this. I’ve lived in Derby since 2002 and have taken plenty of grief from their fans over the years. But they are a decent club, supported by people who often have links going back generations. They are a proper club with a proud history and a strong community link. A bit like us.

I fear many clubs will face similar problems.

Dont you find most of their fans to be the most fickle of the lot though or is just the 50 odd or so I know?! Nobody is wishing them bust... more of a ‘welcome to our world’ Id imagine

There are so many people what just dont get it. You cant just keep shutting more and .more down ,and say lets shut football down for weeks and months. So many businesses and football clubs are now at the end yet an evil media keeps bashing on boris door asking for more and more restrictions .there will be soon nothing left and millions leaving education with no future whatsoever . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I know it sounds harsh but I hope they do go into administration.

If Derby get a 12 point deduction, then that’ll be just 2 relegation spots left and I’d back us to finish above both Wycombe and Toy Town.

Know what you mean but it's getting a bit ridiculous that business operations are the reason for relegation rather than football on the pitch

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owners/ chairman can’t just putting money in ad finitum. There own businesses will be struggling too. The knock on from this is massive. Money is in short supply for every business, chansiri said as much about himself. There has to come a point when they say sorry my wallets empty. I think most would rather lose their hobbies than their business

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Not putting players on furlough has cost each club £millions.

I still don't understand why it wasn't done. 

The argument for that is the amount of tax footballers generate far outweighs the furlough scheme.

Why should the government fund footballers when they are in the top wage bracket in this country and are probably one of the highest tax payers. 

The government would be worse off.

6 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

The argument for that is the amount of tax footballers generate far outweighs the furlough scheme.

Why should the government fund footballers when they are in the top wage bracket in this country and are probably one of the highest tax payers. 

The Govt is worse off to the tune of £230bn (I think).

The point of furlough was to protect business (and employees), whatever business they are in, during a time when there's a global pandemic and little business activity.

10 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

Worrying, worrying times. You would think current chairman would step in, Mel Morris, maybe he can’t?

I’m sure he has connections with Rick Parry-still dunno how they got away Scot-free the FFP debacle🤷🏽‍♂️ Don’t think Derby have owt t’work bout then!?

12 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yeah at end of the day we all love football and we can't exist without each other.  Football clubs give their communities so much.

I'm not too sure what Sheffield United give this city's community.

The club's an eyesore and an embarrassment.

I'm sure we'd exist very well without them.

lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, whatdial said:

It survives by rearranging contracts in line with current income. 

For too long clubs at our level have paid people too much money. If we didn’t pay the ridiculous demands it would all sort it self out. 

players are going to have to take pay cuts if they want to play football. 

Agree but when Parachute Payments are in play owners are going to spend to compete. Football wages are there for a reason and that is to ensure that the clubs are not getting all the wealth and it's being shared out amongst the workforce.

10 hours ago, mogbad said:

The Pigs took a loan out secured against Premiership payments before they'd kicked a ball in the Premier. Used to make signings in the summer of 2019.

That might be because when clubs go up they don’t actually get any premier league money until a couple of months into the season, was listening to a podcast talking about how the Blackpool players didn’t get paid there bonuses on time for going up because the club just didn’t have the money straight away.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Box_Man said:

I’m not sure about that. When Rooney was at Man U he was paid a nominal salary. Man U paid the vast majority of the rest to an offshore company, owned by non other than WR. Thus avoiding tax. A lot of high earners, even at the BBC, (Linekar is one), do it.  They’ve been ripping the country off for years and the clubs are complicit so I’m a bit short of sympathy.

• Like 1