Wow Wayne Rooneys Derby !

2 hours ago, sibon said:

This is horrible news. The first of many, I suspect. I can’t see how football survives this without losing at least some professional clubs. Quite possibly some big clubs.

I genuinely hope that Derby sort themselves out... and that we don’t end up in the same state

It survives by rearranging contracts in line with current income. 

For too long clubs at our level have paid people too much money. If we didn’t pay the ridiculous demands it would all sort it self out. 

players are going to have to take pay cuts if they want to play football. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Watto said:

Why ? We got hammered 3-0 at Toytown and they look a better bet than us to stay up as we stand 

We got hammered under Garry Monk at Derby.

Looking at each side I think we have much better players than them.

We are short up front but I’d back Westwood, Lees, Iorfa, Dunkley, Bannan, Luongo, Harris, Patterson and Windass to walk into their side.

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Leicester have taken out another loan, secured against prem payments...

Maybe that's normal biz..seems strange to me though..

The Pigs took a loan out secured against Premiership payments before they'd kicked a ball in the Premier. Used to make signings in the summer of 2019.

Derby fan at work laughing at us last season with the points deduction and the woeful owner. I would have had a whip round for him with a homemade “save the Rams” tin had we been in work just to get my own back,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Watto said:

Why ? We got hammered 3-0 at Toytown and they look a better bet than us to stay up as we stand 

As abysmal as we were in that game we have picked up 25 points from our 23 games while they have managed 16 from 20. I can't see them winning their 3 games in hand and I would back us to be better in the second half of season than we were in the first providing we get a decent manager and a striker or two.

No reason not to think we should finish above them.