Wow Wayne Rooneys Derby !

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Sounds bit dodgy think same sheik had previously sniffed around notts forest and Newcastle (not the big one than fell through in 2020)

Cheers, hadn’t really been keeping up with it. Probably better the devil you know then. Maybe the ones who were buying Newcastle fancy buying us... I think I’m right in saying that it fell through because of PL tv rights and that’s not something which will concern us for a while...

52 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

It's going to be carnage across the EFL before this season is out.

Football is in a mess , what’s needed is a premiership club to go bust ( god forbid ) a reset button is needed. Sky have / are causing clubs to overspend in the fight to stay in the premiership, maybe the best thing is for the so called big 4 to bugger of to there european league and we that’s left can restructure !!! 

7 minutes ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

I can’t see how anyone takes amusement in this. I’ve lived in Derby since 2002 and have taken plenty of grief from their fans over the years. But they are a decent club, supported by people who often have links going back generations. They are a proper club with a proud history and a strong community link. A bit like us.

I fear many clubs will face similar problems.

i think that describes all clubs

• Like 1

There aren't going to be any fans allowed this season and with other income streams decimated, how many championship clubs can go on for the next 5 months paying hundreds of thousands of pounds a week in players wages along with the other costs of running a football club, without any income? 

There are going to be a lot more clubs in financial trouble before long.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

There aren't going to be any fans allowed this season and with other income streams decimated, how many championship clubs can go on for the next 5 months paying hundreds of thousands of pounds a week in players wages along with the other costs of running a football club, without any income? 

There are going to be a lot more clubs in financial trouble before long.

Too true, all concerned at the club should take wage cuts apart from minimum wage earners, greed is now taking its toll.

If covid restriction last till the end of this season there will be many more teams looking at administration if not worse.

Parry and the EFL sold us all up the river with the premier league, nothing to help football other than loans.

In other news there will be more than £250m spent on transfer this window by hard up premier league teams.I

Football unfortunately is dead and the issues of Covid are just the final nails in the coffin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

I know it sounds harsh but I hope they do go into administration.

If Derby get a 12 point deduction, then that’ll be just 2 relegation spots left and I’d back us to finish above both Wycombe and Toy Town.

Why ? We got hammered 3-0 at Toytown and they look a better bet than us to stay up as we stand 

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If covid restriction last till the end of this season there will be many more teams looking at administration if not worse.

Parry and the EFL sold us all up the river with the premier league, nothing to help football other than loans.

In other news there will be more than £250m spent on transfer this window by hard up premier league teams.I

Football unfortunately is dead and the issues of Covid are just the final nails in the coffin.

Yeah disgraceful really isn’t it.

Sounds like they have been left a bit high and dry here? Until the club is actually sold though the current owner has to deal with it if he can?

Guess they won’t be recalling Marriott then.

Youd think that they would sell players now if it got close to admin. Knight for example.