Wow Wayne Rooneys Derby !

This is horrible news. The first of many, I suspect. I can’t see how football survives this without losing at least some professional clubs. Quite possibly some big clubs.

I genuinely hope that Derby sort themselves out... and that we don’t end up in the same state

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sibon said:

This is horrible news. The first of many, I suspect. I can’t see how football survives this without losing at least some professional clubs. Quite possibly some big clubs.

I genuinely hope that Derby sort themselves out... and that we don’t end up in the same state

We may be thankful for DCs money...............

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Absolutely. EVERY club is lucky to be still alive during this shambles, not least us. It’s amazing none have gone under yet although I could be wrong about that. 

Yeah at end of the day we all love football and we can't exist without each other.  Football clubs give their communities so much.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Maybe some good can come out of this like, fewer overseas owners, lower salaries for players, cheaper ticket prices, and the fans getting the game back

Doubt it sadly. Remember back in march... papers reporting the end of big time business... then chelsea blew £80m on someone nobody had ever heard of

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The Derby situation is very similar to ours. Really went for it and pushed FFP to the limits. 

Both gambles failed. Now both clubs don’t own the stadium and both are struggling to pay players on time.

Derby’s saving grace is they’ve apparently got this takeover on the horizon. Perhaps DC might have to start thinking about new ways to get cash into the club ASAP? 

"Club 1991"

:Chansiri:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'd rather teams didn't go to the wall, but then I'm not going to be too fussed if they do. Let's be honest, there were loads of fans wishing us to go kaput when our points deductions was announced last season. 

Sympathy is in short supply in the football "family". 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I'd rather teams didn't go to the wall, but then I'm not going to be too fussed if they do. Let's be honest, there were loads of fans wishing us to go kaput when our points deductions was announced last season. 

Sympathy is in short supply in the football "family". 

I don’t think fans should ever suffer for financial issues out of their control. 

I hope Derby get out of it. I have no affiliation to Bury but it was horrible seeing them go through what they did and subsequently sad that they’re no more.