The sad loss of a loyal Owl

2 hours ago, owls in france said:

Hello Owlstalk readers,

We are devastated to let all the supporters who knew and remember him that our dear and much loved friend Ray Hendrick ,from Burncross ,died on 31st December.

An Owl for as long as I can remember, he was much more than a supporter ,he worked on the turnstiles for many years ,as he used to say,

"to do his bit for t'club".

Happily ,he shared along with some of us old Owls, some of the all too rare good times, recalling seeing both George Best and Pele playing at Hillsborough,

and his daughter Catherine has a photo of him after the Rumbelows Cup Final ,which says it all!

In later years, although we left the UK years ago ,he used to let me know how things were at S6, and was delighted when his nephew Jamie , or some of his other friends took him to watch a game -I always received a report!

His great loves were, of course, his wife Pat, his children and his grandchildren, but not forgetting [before ill-health took its toll]fishing[especially on the Trent,] Wednesday , and his yearly holidays in Skiathos .His many friends ,along with those of you   from Hillsborough who remember him, will miss him terribly.

"Tight Lines" Raymondo, we hope the skies are Blue & White for you!

God Bless

Owls in France

Great story of Ray and thank you for posting. My condolences to you, his family and other friends, remember him well.

Not directed to you owls in france. (I'm not sure, but shouldn't this be moved over onto the Matchday thread?)  

Edited by Incognito Owl
  • Like 1

One of those where the name seems very familiar and I might have known him by sight or whether I went to school with his kids 

RIP Ray 

RIP Ray, was a friend of the family and deeply saddened to hear the news earlier this week. A great guy and huge Owl. I was with him at the semi final against United and almost knocked him out with my elbow celebrating the Waddle goal, he was seeing stars for the next 5 minutes!

Fly high my friend, condolences to Pat, Phil and Catherine

• Love 1