Thorsten Fink applies for SWFC job

I really have no idea about his management credentials other than what I’ve read on here and Wikipedia.

But I’m all for him! 

He looks like a suave, well dressed gentleman! No touch line tracksuits for this fella! 

I would imagine he would rather die than wear a cap!

Just what we need! 👍

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Chansiri consults his qualifying checklist 

Is he a mate of Paxo's? 

Is he a mate of Erik Alonso's? 

If answer to either one or both of above is no, chucks application in bin. 

Does he mind waiting until 1st February?

Absolutely nothing to do with the transfer window closing and promising the fans our expensive prices were enabling us to sign the top talent/compete at the top of the league

• Like 1

Guest everydays_wednesday
9 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I really have no idea about his management credentials other than what I’ve read on here and Wikipedia.

But I’m all for him! 

He looks like a suave, well dressed gentleman! No touch line tracksuits for this fella! 

Just what we need! 👍

No cap! No cap! The next thing you will be telling us is he hasn’t got a whippet!

1 minute ago, everydays_wednesday said:

No cap! No cap! The next thing you will be telling us is he hasn’t got a whippet!

I would certainly hope not!

I bet he would also be horrified when it was explained to him what ‘dip’ is in a hot pork sandwich shop!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

But I’m all for him! 

Just what we need! 👍

4 minutes ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Probably has been interviewed but has not got the job. I doubt we would sit this long on our hands if he were successful after the interview. If the other offers put forward were of more interest, then he would not have applied for ours. 

DCprobably has interviews lined up until February.

20 minutes ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Probably has been interviewed but has not got the job. I doubt we would sit this long on our hands if he were successful after the interview. If the other offers put forward were of more interest, then he would not have applied for ours. 

We could be taking our time and reviewing everyone, the wins and our covid situation now has helped? I remember reading now that he turned down interest from Schalke in Germany around 1-2 months ago as he wanted to manager in England.  

I'm sure a lot of managers have applied, great opportunity for a decent pay off. 

However, I don't think bringing in a manager with zero experience or knowledge of the league into a relegation battle in January, with the likelihood of no new players, is wise.

Just my opinion of course, but then what do I know, sure we can trust our owner and his advisors....oh hang on!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RedDragonOwl said:

21 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

We could be taking our time and reviewing everyone, the wins and our covid situation now has helped? I remember reading now that he turned down interest from Schalke in Germany around 1-2 months ago as he wanted to manager in England.  

Found it here from 2 weeks ago: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/thorsten-fink-turned-down-german-job-talk-sheffield-wednesday-interest-3081969 

19 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Gerrim in now, no idea what he's like or what he's done. Could be crap. Could be brill.

Main thing is though

...at least the cookies would stfu.

1jfa9e.jpg 

3 minutes ago, striker said:

I'm sure a lot of managers have applied, great opportunity for a decent pay off.

That's what I fear. Get the job knowing that you cannot work in your usual way but knowing that in short time, your pockets will be filled and everyone understands if you couldn't deal with the owner.

• Like 1