Jarrad Braithwate

Loan or permanent?

Anyways I've heard this lad is the real deal according to my toffee mates.

So probably on a different level to the likes of our youth players (Shaw is not included as he is a midfielder and the next Gerrard).

Guest wilyfox

If he has an offer from a better run club higher up the league, as Blackburn are, he’ll go there whilst DC fumbles about yet again.

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

If he has an offer from a better run club higher up the league, as Blackburn are, he’ll go there whilst DC fumbles about yet again.

At least then we could focus on bringing in players for the positions we need

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

At least then we could focus on bringing in players for the positions we need

Iorfa out, Flint gone, Dunkley needs protecting, Borner & Van Aken also have problems. Lees is our only fully fit centre-half. Can’t categorically say we don’t need another with all that going on. Not saying should be priority, but clearly club feel there is a need. 

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Turning down a 18 year old talent because we are already covered in that position is really backwards thinking to say that most of our players are out of contract in a few months 

I think we are talking about loan deal, not permanent signing. 

Guest everydays_wednesday
2 hours ago, trev said:

Loan or permanent?

Anyways I've heard this lad is the real deal according to my toffee mates.

So probably on a different level to the likes of our youth players (Shaw is not included as he is a midfielder and the next Gerrard).

I hope that you mean Stephen Gerrard and not Gerrard Butler 😁

With Iorfa ruled out, and Flint having gone back to Cardiff, we are two down. However, with Dunkley, Lees, VanAken, Borner, Urhoghide, Shaw, Brennan and Rice, we aren’t exactly short of centre backs. 
There is an argument that there are fitness concerns regarding some of the experienced options, leaving us only with the inexperienced youngsters. But that’s what this guy is, 15 appearances, most of them for Carlisle. Were it a permanent signing, then maybe, but it doesn’t really address our need for an experienced centre back. 

Edited by gurujuan

Iorfa - done for season

Flint - has gone back

Dunkley  - has had a massive injury and we still need to be careful and monitor him

Joostless Van Aken - simply isn't good enough

Borner - out injured still
Lees - available 
Shaw  - Not a CB and has made several mistakes rather see him playing his more natural role.

We're not really in a position to be trying to develop our youngsters especially at CB we are in a dogfight at the bottom of the league lets not throw the youngsters under the bus.

• Like 1