Sean Clare (calls himself Sean Flair)

A few years back when he'd just broken into the Owls team, the club had Clare, Jack Stobbs and Jordan Thorniley signing autographs and taking pictures in the Megastore. Anyhow, I took me and the lad in and they were all very personable and friendly. Until the slightly knowing comment from one of Stobbs or Thorniley on the lines of 'you better get his quick - he's going to be a superstar'.

He's got a way to go to reach that level. 

Should’ve given him a proper contract.

Both him and Hirst walked away from the club thanks to Chansiri’s penny pinching and now look at them flying.

My worry is they’ll go on to have successful careers like Rocky Lekaj and Owen Morrison and then we’ll really be kicking ourselves.

Cheers Dejphon!!!!!!!!!lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

*checks thread title that clearly states it's about Sean Clare*
*sees that he's read the title*
*sees that he clicked the title*
*sees that he read the thread*
*sees that he posted in the thread*

*walks away confused*

Anyone got a spare sense of humour?

• Haha 1

As we've been starved of good young prospects our fans over rate our young players when they have one or two good games and demand (on here) we give em a better contract  to stop Real madrid noticing them. It's happening now with Shaw and it happened with Penney. penney had a couple of good games and the club gave him anew contract enabling him to buy a fancy car.  George Hirst is 22 next month, he hasn't scored ONE goal in England as a professional footballer, in fact, I don't think he's played a full game in leage (or non league) football. Sean Clare had one decent game and the fans were clamouring for a long term contract.

I know agents have made this difficult but it would be better if young players were more down to earth and learnt their trade.

Guest T Hardy

Shows what little I know. I thought him and Winnall would be laughing at us from the top of League One whilst we looked certain for relegation and set to leap frog us.