Sean Clare (calls himself Sean Flair)

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

He had one good half v villa at home then thought he was the next ronaldo..#flair

I agree, thats why i wonder if he regrets it or still thinks hes that person and its them around him that have failed him

Jackson Irvine who Monk was after at the start of the season but didn't want to come has ended up in the SPL with Hibs
#SeanFlair with a move to Burton

George Hirst struggling at Rotherham.

Going well for the ones who thought they were better than us.

Edited by Lucas Joao's Tooth
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

To be fair to him when Oxford signed him they were calling him a right back which he clearly isin't. If he plays in midfield he will be a cracking signing for Burton.

He has got no chance at playing at RB for Burton.

You have clearly forgot they have 'The Beard' who undoubtedly is the greatest RB the world has ever seen. 

• Haha 3

I think it’s hard to tell sometimes why a player is so confident despite in our examples Clare & Hirst having played essential ‘NONE’ first team football let alone regular Championship football to a decent standard. 

Is it the agents? Are our coaching staff blowing too much smoke? Parents involved too much? Or is it the player just genuinely thinks they are too good for us. Always interested in the why behind these moves. 
Either way, you can only get away with that behaviour if you’re one of the main men, similar to the Forestieri fiasco with Derby a few years ago...Although players get treated like assets, that’s really all they are. They seem to forget 95% of them are replaceable and they will never ever be bigger than the club. 

I hope the younger players at our club look at the likes of Clare & Hirst who have regressed in their development and still aren’t playing regular football even in divisions below as an example. Especially Hirst, he might still be on the books at Leicester for now but when you can’t get a game for one of the worst teams in the league doesn’t look good does it? 

Makes u wonder if players like Hirst and Clare stayed would they have developed better with us?

Would they have had more game time?

Seeing as we have no strikers and young players like Shaw and Hunt are getting minutes, I would think Clare and Hirst would be firm first team players with us.

Should be a clear warning to Shaw, few decent showings in the championship and one good game against Lg2 Exeter does not mean he's going to be playing for Man Utd in a couple of years.

George Hirst will end up being a lower league jouneyman at best as Clare is also finding out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, swfcGibbo said:

To be fair to him when Oxford signed him they were calling him a right back which he clearly isin't. If he plays in midfield he will be a cracking signing for Burton.

Everyone said that about Thorniley being a cracking signing going to Blackpool and he struggles to even get on their bench

Edited by WhiteOwl91

24 minutes ago, SwintonLad99 said:

I remember seeing a posts on here he was our Deli Ali👀👀

Was having a debate about him not too long ago on here, someone saying how he won't be regretting it one bit when he plays a starring role in Oxford winning promotion this season and replacing us in the Championship..........

3 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

I think it’s hard to tell sometimes why a player is so confident despite in our examples Clare & Hirst having played essential ‘NONE’ first team football let alone regular Championship football to a decent standard. 

Is it the agents? Are our coaching staff blowing too much smoke? Parents involved too much? Or is it the player just genuinely thinks they are too good for us. Always interested in the why behind these moves. 
Either way, you can only get away with that behaviour if you’re one of the main men, similar to the Forestieri fiasco with Derby a few years ago...Although players get treated like assets, that’s really all they are. They seem to forget 95% of them are replaceable and they will never ever be bigger than the club. 

I hope the younger players at our club look at the likes of Clare & Hirst who have regressed in their development and still aren’t playing regular football even in divisions below as an example. Especially Hirst, he might still be on the books at Leicester for now but when you can’t get a game for one of the worst teams in the league doesn’t look good does it? 

I think its even worse with the likes of Hirst, who are around the junior England set ups, because they see their mates at England juniors who play for Man U academy, Man City etc and so probably get way above their station, seeing the money some of them will get too. 

Suppose that's where their parents, staff at their club but also senior pros come in. 

But ultimately I suppose, it's down to the kid. 

The fact Hirst and anyone in his camp thought he should be getting minutes ahead of FF, Hooper, Fletcher, Rhodes, Nuhiu, Joao and even Winnall at that time is bonkers. 

I vividly remember someone calling up Football Heaven and claiming he doesn't care who, but drop either Hooper or Fletcher for Hirst. Makes me cringe even now. 

As for Clare, well I just dont understand his career path at all.

Edited by WhiteOwl91

5 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Given the thread title, 'Sean Clare (calls himself Sean Flair)' in the 'Sheffield Wednesday Matchday' section, I assumed it might be a transfer rumour linking us with said player, so I clicked it.

However, seeing that it's a thread about how he's signing for Burton Albion on loan for the rest of the season, I stand by my previous reply.

:duntmatter:

Well said but you should have used more asterisks in your reply and spaced every line.

Its more articulate don't you know.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Was having a debate about him not too long ago on here, someone saying how he won't be regretting it one bit when he plays a starring role in Oxford winning promotion this season and replacing us in the Championship..........

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/295637-sheffield-wednesday-u-18s/?tab=comments#comment-9505019

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/291543-sean-clare/page/4/#comments