Jump to content

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I strongly suspect if Paul Cook was going to be our manager we would have had him in place by now.

This leads me to think we are looking at other managers and Paul Cook will be like Monk, second choice back up option.

We said that when Monk was appointed. He had been available from day 1 of the search but in true DC style it went on for weeks before the appointment was made. Its impossible to suss out DC's methods of doing anything. 

He's probably waiting for klopp to get sacked. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

That is some post from Quist.

 

Very well researched, imo.

 

I did not realise quite what an array of talent was assembled by Paul Cook and his team at Wigan Athletic.

 

Outstanding recruitment!

That's why he needs to bring his recruitment team. Nobody to replace in ours. Do we have anybody? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A12owl said:

We said that when Monk was appointed. He had been available from day 1 of the search but in true DC style it went on for weeks before the appointment was made. Its impossible to suss out DC's methods of doing anything. 

He's probably waiting for klopp to get sacked. 

Monk was always second fiddle to Chris Hughton, once he knocked us back then Monk came into play.

I strongly suspect the same with Paul Cook  if we don't get our preferred target we will go and get Cook.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blue and white said:

Monk was always second fiddle to Chris Hughton, once he knocked us back then Monk came into play.

I strongly suspect the same with Paul Cook  if we don't get our preferred target we will go and get Cook.

Who would be the preferred target? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Who would be the preferred target? 

I think he wants to go down the foreign route again. Could be red tape blocking moves. ( Brexit, Covid )

Now he has another week or so to sort things. 

Edited by pazowl55
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think coaches, medical, scouts etc should be employees of the club, recruited by us and be considered a long term investment.

 

If a new manager can't work with them, then that's tough, this is what you're signing up for (or not).  He can bring in an assistant and maybe additional staff he feels are lacking to complement, but not an entire backroom and no-one should lose a position.

 

The cost, the upheaval, the time is just not worth it.  I don't think it's successful anyway.  Monk eventually got his men, didn't work (although those staff didn't have long enough imo).  Pulis got his early, didn't work.  

 

The cost to the club was real though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, A12owl said:

We said that when Monk was appointed. He had been available from day 1 of the search but in true DC style it went on for weeks before the appointment was made. Its impossible to suss out DC's methods of doing anything. 

He's probably waiting for klopp to get sacked. 

My friend. Your inside knowledge is zero. 

 

Paul Cook will not be our new manager. 

 

Love to know who has told you this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, reggae said:

My friend. Your inside knowledge is zero. 

 

Paul Cook will not be our new manager. 

 

Love to know who has told you this. 

I'm afraid I can't reveal where my information came from. 

Suffice to say I have no more of an idea than anybody else including DC. 

I just have an inkling and I'm sticking to it until proven wrong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Odds still favour Paul Cook as the next manager of SWFC.

 

I liked a comment saying that the bookmakers know nothing but they all think that Paul Cook is the logical and sensible choice as manager in our predicament which is why they have him a odds on favourite.

 

He would very much have the goodwill of the fanbase.

 

For example, Not jack Witham summed up the views of many:

 

"PAUL COOK..PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE"

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

DC advisors most certainly wanted us to go down foreign route. However the offer of contract to end of season (4 months now) would not appeal to most and only junk would accept such a role. The names mentioned with one or two exceptions were absolutely dire and DC was cautious. This is understandable in light of previous advice. The Posh Chairman made his view clear he said DC should have shot his advisor after being stitched up with TP.

 

In the mean time Thompson has shown how poor previous managers were with good results. This has given DC some thinking time and eased pressure on him. He has also spoken to Cook which was clearly against advice of advisors. This can be seen as Nixon gets information from advisors and was adamant it was foreign short list but then changed to mainly foreign. He has never mentioned Cook by name he clearly does not want us to appoint him for some reason.

 

Brexit and the Covid situation has complicated recruitment from abroad so some of foreign names put forward and favoured by advisors are non starters. 

 

Thus DC is left with sticking with Thompson, going for Cook or having to up offer to entice the likes of Ivic or Fink.

 

To my mind in circumstances it has to be Cook if you stick with Thompson it leaves us short of coaching staff and more need to be brought in. Cook has wider experience and hopefully can get other backroom staff in to help with coaching work. 

 

I think Green was offered this contract before TP left the club and DC decided to not withdraw the offer. Nixon described signing as cheap acquisition which suggested he was unaware it was going on and upset he could not reveal signing. More evidence there is disconnect between DC and advisors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

I liked a comment saying that the bookmakers know nothing but they all think that Paul Cook is the logical and sensible choice as manager

Except that they don't think that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

I liked a comment saying that the bookmakers know nothing but they all think that Paul Cook is the logical and sensible choice as manager in our predicament which is why they have him a odds on favourite.

 

Except that is not how bookmakers work or make money.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Quist said:

DC advisors most certainly wanted us to go down foreign route. However the offer of contract to end of season (4 months now) would not appeal to most and only junk would accept such a role. The names mentioned with one or two exceptions were absolutely dire and DC was cautious. This is understandable in light of previous advice. The Posh Chairman made his view clear he said DC should have shot his advisor after being stitched up with TP.

 

In the mean time Thompson has shown how poor previous managers were with good results. This has given DC some thinking time and eased pressure on him. He has also spoken to Cook which was clearly against advice of advisors. This can be seen as Nixon gets information from advisors and was adamant it was foreign short list but then changed to mainly foreign. He has never mentioned Cook by name he clearly does not want us to appoint him for some reason.

 

Brexit and the Covid situation has complicated recruitment from abroad so some of foreign names put forward and favoured by advisors are non starters. 

 

Thus DC is left with sticking with Thompson, going for Cook or having to up offer to entice the likes of Ivic or Fink.

 

To my mind in circumstances it has to be Cook if you stick with Thompson it leaves us short of coaching staff and more need to be brought in. Cook has wider experience and hopefully can get other backroom staff in to help with coaching work. 

 

I think Green was offered this contract before TP left the club and DC decided to not withdraw the offer. Nixon described signing as cheap acquisition which suggested he was unaware it was going on and upset he could not reveal signing. More evidence there is disconnect between DC and advisors.

Maybe the good results have something to do with being paid. 

Quite like Thompson, but just a coach and do need a manager with fresh backroom staff. If we are making another change let's give them freedom to do it their own way.

I do think it is looking increasingly like Cook won't be joing as others have pointed out what's stopping him if he has been offered. Wouldn't think its money / transfer budget as think Cook would still join if DC said no budget till next season.

We have a squad that is good enough to stay up now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Maybe the good results have something to do with being paid. 

Quite like Thompson, but just a coach and do need a manager with fresh backroom staff. If we are making another change let's give them freedom to do it their own way.

I do think it is looking increasingly like Cook won't be joing as others have pointed out what's stopping him if he has been offered. Wouldn't think its money / transfer budget as think Cook would still join if DC said no budget till next season.

We have a squad that is good enough to stay up now.

The players knew they were going to get paid. This last 12 months have been difficult forevery business and Dc money comes from far East and sometimes not as easy to transfer. He is also slow at reacting to things hence why we got points deduction. He eventually gets their butslow in actions. It happened before a few months ago.

 

He is one owner in this league who has actually spent money this season. A lot of bull poo about him being hard up. It basically is slow down of world which has caused issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

I liked a comment saying that the bookmakers know nothing but they all think that Paul Cook is the logical and sensible choice as manager in our predicament which is why they have him a odds on favourite.

1019841530_tenor(2).gif.eb1a98e270ce128a8320de73ed84d890.gif

When you go for your "school careers chat" 

Don't mention anything about wanting to be a bookmaker .....

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

The Odds still favour Paul Cook as the next manager of SWFC.

 

I liked a comment saying that the bookmakers know nothing but they all think that Paul Cook is the logical and sensible choice as manager in our predicament which is why they have him a odds on favourite.

 

He would very much have the goodwill of the fanbase.

 

For example, Not jack Witham summed up the views of many:

 

"PAUL COOK..PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE"

 

 

The bookies, sport journos, pundits, a good percentage of our fanbase know Cook is the sensible logical best choice. Unfortunately Chansiri and his two amateur advisors don't do sensible and logical so god knows who'll we'll end up with. Foooooking shambles. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

1019841530_tenor(2).gif.eb1a98e270ce128a8320de73ed84d890.gif

When you go for your "school careers chat" 

Don't mention anything about wanting to be a bookmaker .....

Is that Alonso and Paexo? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...