Wigan Fan’s Honest View on Paul Cook

5 minutes ago, El Toro said:

If we end up sticking with Neil  Thompson during the January window or till the end of the season the DC is blinkered. Either that or all these names being banded around are false stories and the interest in the hot seat is very limited indeed and he’s forced to stick.

I would hazard a guess that your second sentence is most likely to be true.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, JayWhittle17 said:

His man-management skills are second to none, and he will drastically improve Sheffield Wednesday both on and off-the field. 

Thanks for this. The above is the one single biggest thing Wednesday need after the last four years.

Hope our Chairman sees it the same way and we don't end up going down the same road Wigan did.

Wigan, like Wednesday have been treated abysmally by the Football League, but our mistreatment pails into insignificance compared what they let happen to your club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Surely everyone has done this?

A very good friend of mine used to get a ‘pie butty with scraps’ as his pre-drinking meal. 

Sometimes with a pot of curry sauce on the side to dip it in if he wasn’t on the pull (the curry wasn’t good for the breath apparently). 

Amazingly enough he is still alive...

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Hi @JayWhittle17 is it true in Wigan that people put a pie in a bread cake and eat in like a sandwich? Or is just one of those things that is done infrequently just for a laugh?

Living just at the end of the M55 and not too far from Wigan, I can tell you that they’re all intelligent from Wigan.

Round here a pie sarny is a complex mathematical equation.

• Haha 3