Pubs and Clubs of the 1990/91 season..

6 minutes ago, Prutton Away said:

Kin trouser....remember getting turned away from some where once for a lad in the group having zips on his trousers......what was that all about FFS? 

Know someone who bought shoes off a tramp to get into a nightclub as he had smart trainers on. Having done so, later got chucked out for crappin in some doris’s handbag in an alcove, all because she blew him out. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Watto said:

Once went in Henry's with the ex wife and whose sat at the bar eyeing her up as we walked in , only gazza with his waddle and Gordon Watson , gazza was on crutches at the time an all after he'd done his cruciate.

You'd see players in town regularly in the 90s  

I was in the Nursery Tavern the Saturday afternoon when the same 3 walked in, Gazza on crutches, was told they were in town the same night and weren’t left alone. The days before camera phones and Instagram. 

• Like 1

Some great memories here. Dressed in black every week with my long sleeved Depeche Mode tops on, I thought I was as cool AF. We had names for all the women we’d see down town every week - Broomstick, Kylie, tartan skirt, pick n mix, frigid, red ribbon and chequered trou! Oh god, take me back please!

Our regular haunts (Thursday, Friday and Saturday every week) were the Stonehouse, Fountain, Gladstone’s, Henry’s, Millionaires and then either Kiki’s, Cairo’s or Occasions. 

On nights where we felt a bit more brave we’d head to any of Legends on High Street, Dickens, Golden Ball, West Street or the Hind!

Occasionally we ended up in Josephines or

if one of the lads couldn’t get in somewhere, we’d wander down to the Roxy. 

Didn’t matter where we went, we’d pretty much always end up getting Chog and Chips from that silver coloured food van which was either at the bottom of Barker’s Pool or outside the cathedral and then the night bus back to Chap at 2:15am. I don’t think I ever had a bad night out back then. Walking down West Street singing Wednesday songs wasn’t the best idea ever but we always got away with it somehow. 

Christ, that was 30 years ago 👀

Edited by stoff
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, stoff said:

Some great memories here. Dressed in black every week with my long sleeved Depeche Mode tops on, I thought I was as cool AF. We had names for all the women we’d see down town every week - Broomstick, Kylie, tartan skirt, pick n mix, frigid, red ribbon and chequered trou! Oh god, take me back please!

Our regular haunts (Thursday, Friday and Saturday every week) were the Stonehouse, Fountain, Gladstone’s, Henry’s, Millionaires and then either Kiki’s, Cairo’s or Occasions. 

On nights where we felt a bit more brave we’d head to any of Legends on High Street, Dickens, Golden Ball, West Street or the Hind!

Occasionally we ended up in Josephines or

if one of the lads couldn’t get in somewhere, we’d wander down to the Roxy. 

Didn’t matter where we went, we’d pretty much always end up getting Chog and Chips from that silver coloured food van which was either at the bottom of Barker’s Pool or outside the cathedral and then the night bus back to Chap at 2:15am. I don’t think I ever had a bad night out back then. Walking down West Street singing Wednesday songs wasn’t the best idea ever but we always got away with it somehow. 

Christ, that was 30 years ago 👀

Was around the same time and in the same bars.......I bet you knew Judy.......everybody knew Judy 🤭

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Know someone who bought shoes off a tramp to get into a nightclub as he had smart trainers on. Having done so, later got chucked out for crappin in some doris’s handbag in an alcove, all because she blew him out. 

Ahhhh the smart trainer no doubt similar to the ones now sported in the SNCOs messes of the Light Blue Breathern. 

I was at the Wembley conference centre for the after match shindig, league cup against Arsenal.

All players were there..but most didn't want to be...which was obvious.

My mate said to Palmer, hard luck Carlton (from a distance..as players were leaving) Palmer obviously misheard what he said...

A few players got hold of him to hold him back from coming over...

I was sat with Russ Abbot.. he said, are all people from Sheffield naturally pisssed...same as where I'm from..

I said no, only my mates..

Reyt laugh and proper freebe pissed