FA Cup round 4 v Everton!

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Why is everyone so deflated after that draw? What did everyone want? It’s a decent draw against a big club away from home with an outside chance of TV coverage. 

What would everyone be saying if we drew Millwall away ?

Wear armour plating and don't take the kids!

2 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

Every draw is, according to our fans, a terrible draw. It’s terrible if we get a big club, a lower-Prem club, another Championship club, a lower EFL division club or a non-league club. The only way our fans would be happy would be if we were drawn to play Sheffield Wednesday.

Even then we would find some way of not winning through to the next round !

Hmm. Everton away. 
I am rarely negative but this does have a ‘worse of all worlds’ feel to it. 
-There’s no day out because of COVID

-Its not a ‘glamour club’ so won’t get on TV

-We will almost certainly be knocked out of the cup

Everton will really want to win so will field a very strong side and should comfortably beat us. 
Maybe it’s a blessing it won’t be on TV but it would have been nice to get a day out to Liverpool. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Ye, exactly. We aren’t going to win the cup as we are a poor side. So I don’t know what the problem is with drawing a big Premier side in the FA cup? I’m looking forward to it to see how we get on. Would’ve been better if fans were allowed in, mind you. 

Don't know what it is with some of our fans, just a set of whiners.

Happy with Everton, with a chance of Spurs

Got to be better than playing Barnsley or Luton..of course we would beat so easily just like the league. 

Quite like Everton, probably lose but who knows. Need to keep in the Championship so no biggie if we go out.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

That last line surprised me I would have guessed that we had played them since then in the Cup.

Cheers for that fascinating reading.

Just found this on Youtube, highlights of the last time we beat Everton in the Cup in 1954.
Good clear picture of how the ground was then but I think the commentary feels like its been added later.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Just found this on Youtube, highlights of the last time we beat Everton in the Cup in 1954.
Good clear picture of how the ground was then but I think the commentary feels like its been added later.

Magnificent footage! That 'voice over' is truly awful though. Enfield could have done it better! 

Roll on Tottenham! 

9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Love those old vids, was the cameraman changing reels for the second?  British Pathe is a really great channel on Youtube.

Happy to see the lettered scoreboard on the North in use.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bradowl said:

In mid 80s We had a bit of a cup marathon with them similar to Arsenal one in 1978. 

Three 1-1 draws and then lost 5-0 at home in 4th game, we was 5-0 down at half time, large numbers of Everton fans were delayed in traffic and some didn't get in till half time. 

Remember it well as we crossed paths when we left 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Hmm. Everton away. 
I am rarely negative but this does have a ‘worse of all worlds’ feel to it. 
-There’s no day out because of COVID

-Its not a ‘glamour club’ so won’t get on TV

-We will almost certainly be knocked out of the cup

Everton will really want to win so will field a very strong side and should comfortably beat us. 
Maybe it’s a blessing it won’t be on TV but it would have been nice to get a day out to Liverpool. 

They'll all be on TV. 

• Like 1