Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Absolutely spot on.

The lad has had very limited game time just to be written off.

 

You can't be posting this on here. Read the comments above. The lad has no talent. He's basically rubbish. Blah, blah blah.

 

The tripe some people post about young lads on these boards is unbelievable. I hope they don't have kids themselves. There's a merry band of keyboard warriors who can't leave it at one post to express their opinion. They jump on every thread and throw abuse around like it's confetti. Hunt's physicality will probably end up being his undoing at this level but to suggest he has no talent come from people who know very little about football.

 

He's a young gifted footballer who shows a lot of dedication and gives it his best. Be interesting what lives some of you saddos lead.

 

I can probably guess.

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

When he is ready Players develop at different speeds. In the case of Shaw, we can stick him in now, but we should be aware that he probably won’t be able to show consistency. He was great on Saturday, but in one of the recent home games, he was lucky not to have been hooked at half time. As for Hunt, yes he needs to toughen up a bit, but I’m also a bit unsure about playing him in the same team as Bannan

You are spot on with Hunt and Bannan in same team, seen them together a couple of times and Hunt looked out of place both times. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bannan because of his stature (Low centre of gravity) Can teach Hunt so much regarding how to lose the shackles of a tracking player.

 

He, Hunt needs to bring those tight turning circles into his game. Those complaining that Hunt and Bannan in the same midfield have a made a strong point though. They can be played together I think but not as a complimentary pair. The important thing in getting the best out of both is that those quick turns and passes must be complemented by an assured touch of those around them, which is not always there.

 

If Shaw continues to flower at a similar rate our midfield may grow significantly, but therein lies a problem. In as much as the coaches must have many diverse view on where to place Shaw in the team.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends a lot on the player. If they aren’t ready by 22/23, they’ll probably never make it. Curtis Jones is 19, and he’s ready at the top level, though far from the finished article. Harvey Elliot isn’t quite ready at the Premiership level, but seems to be doing a job for Blackburn.

does it depend on how good the player is? Or how good the academy is? Teams like Liverpool and Chelsea seem to have a lot of players capable of playing in pretty much any Championship team while teenagers, but it’s been a long time since Wednesday had a teenager who was genuinely good enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Steelman said:

Don’t go telling them the truth on here they don’t like it. 
 

When Hunt gets released and fades into oblivion I’ll be reminding certain people on here how little they know about football and players.

 

Liam Shaw is ready right now. But as people say, he now needs to add consistency to his game which will come with experience. 
 

Alex Hunt wasn’t ready when he got his debut against Sunderland (I think). He looked like a rabbit in the headlight then and nothing has changed since. 

 

Sad but true.

Shaw is in a different class to Hunt. 

Hunt still has time though so lets not totally write him off. His positional instict is really poor though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Steelman said:

Don’t go telling them the truth on here they don’t like it. 
 

When Hunt gets released and fades into oblivion I’ll be reminding certain people on here how little they know about football and players.

 

Liam Shaw is ready right now. But as people say, he now needs to add consistency to his game which will come with experience. 
 

Alex Hunt wasn’t ready when he got his debut against Sunderland (I think). He looked like a rabbit in the headlight then and nothing has changed since. 

 

Spot on mate. Can’t believe someone said I was a piece of poo just because i said the same. Should be reported!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you’re at a club of any size and the club retains you past 16 then progress depends upon mental structure and physical build. Physical build is 20% and mental strength/attitude/aptitude and speed of translating thought into action is the other 80%. Every player can make it if they believe enough and have the ability 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on the rest of the team for me. If he's got players around him doing their jobs well, he will be able to get away with making the mistakes that he inevitably will. Hopefully he will then improve and become more consistent.

 

If a young player comes into a poor team fans will inevitably criticise him more and you could say justly because it will cost the team more.

 

Dawson and Wildsmith for instance. Come in behind a poor team under Jos/Monk and got exposed. If they come in for the odd game behind a Hutch, Loovens and Lees it isn't such a problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

If you’re at a club of any size and the club retains you past 16 then progress depends upon mental structure and physical build. Physical build is 20% and mental strength/attitude/aptitude and speed of translating thought into action is the other 80%. Every player can make it if they believe enough and have the ability 

What about the other 10%? 

 

They have to give 110% on the pitch don't they?

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the case of Shaw I thought he looked ready after starting the last game of last season. Strong, good on the ball, confidant.

 

Every player is different, some are late bloomers, others come out like a greyhound. Some get built up before they are anywhere near ready. Hunt being one of them in my opinion. David Hirst's son being another.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hirstysfags said:

What about the other 10%? 

 

They have to give 110% on the pitch don't they?

 

Forgive me...an excellent point about attitude albeit not strong on the maths 😎

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/01/2021 at 09:55, waverley_owl said:

Saw a few comments on social media to say that Shaw isn't ready and that we need to stay grounded when talking about him and not get too excited. 

 

But my question is 'When do you know when a player is ready for the first team?'

 

In the case of Shaw, surely a goal, assist and MotM in his last three starts is enough to warrant his place in the first team. I mean he's done more in those last three games than Harris has done all season (I know they play different positions before anyone starts).


When did they know that Rooney was ready? Or Owen or... (insert another young footballer here). 

 

Plus, putting him back in the U23's isn't going to make him get any better. Playing regular first team football, and training with the first team will. 

If he is good enough to earn a shirt he is ready..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...