Little things I don't like about football today

Taking corners outside the quadrant, always used to be inside.

Squad numbers.

Home shirts not being worn away when no colour clash.

9 bloody substitutes !

VAR 

Most tackles being deemed as dangerous 

Players salaries

I could go on all day tbh 

• Like 4

The predictable arrogance of certain players who believe they deserve to be bracketed in an 'oh so special  super star' status and be able to make what they feel is a personalised gesture with their hands (usually in the shape of a heart) after scoring a goal.

The need for ALL managers and hangers on in the game to have their initials on their training jackets, but I applaud the deputy assistant to the lead joint manager of the under-6s, who might do it out of a sense of self mockery.

6 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Liverpool’s success
The love in for Klopp

The fact Wednesday won’t ever have a manager as good as Klopp

Making viewers listen to the anfield Kop sing their song before kick off can happen 

Martin Tyler “and it’s live!” 

Players’ wages and ridiculous transfer fees when the world is burning 

Feigning injuries 

European football format (finishing 4th means you are in the “champions” league, europa playing on Thursday nights) 

People asking me “have Wednesday ever played in the premier league?”

Top post mate.  Definitely get the last one asked all the time.  Either that, or “what league are Wednesday in now?” By supposed football fans.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 10/01/2021 at 13:20, sternlad said:

Coloured football slippers are detestable and plasticy.

Much preferred the Adidas 2000, Puma Kings (love a long tongue), Timpson Shooting Stars (red or blue stripe), Ours (French brand) really soft leather, but we must never forget the old Adidas Intersago (built for soft pudding pitches)

Timpson Shooting Stars were the equivalent of strapping your feet into blocks of concrete.

If ever you managed to raise your foot off the ground and kick the ball, it would take a few days and a couple of bus rides to get the ball back.

Having said that, I had a few pairs of these and if you chucked them away, they would be back on the doorstep the following morning.

• Haha 1

The loss of the Central League 

Not being allowed to tackle

The stupid hand ball rules

Throw ins (there should be a time limit on taking them) 

Subs taking ten minutes to put their kit on

Soft penalty decisions for top six teams. 

etc

etc

etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The FA Cup Draw and the 'Selected Numbers' just show all the teams numbers.

The offside rule  , just put the offside  flag up straight away and don't wait to see what happens later.

Managers like Warnock who before the game say , today we are playing the World Champions , if they win they say we have just beat the World Champions but if they lose they say we should have won that they were crap !

A lot of the things listed are actually quite big things stemming from the revolution in finances. 

Two little ones from me. 

Branding of competitions. That stupid jingle played at Champions League matches. Premier league grounds all having the same dugouts (which no longer are dug outs). 

The FA Cup draw. Much better done by obscure officials not celebs. More importantly don't tell us which ball different clubs are. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

A lot of the things listed are actually quite big things stemming from the revolution in finances. 

Two little ones from me. 

Branding of competitions. That stupid jingle played at Champions League matches. Premier league grounds all having the same dugouts (which no longer are dug outs). 

The FA Cup draw. Much better done by obscure officials not celebs. More importantly don't tell us which ball different clubs are. 

I used to love not knowing which teams number was, some old FA crusty number 5 then looking at Ted Croker who is it Ted

On 10/01/2021 at 13:17, S36 OWL said:

Squad numbers 

More than three subs

Players wearing gloves 

Diving

VAR 

Stupid kick off times 

Players wearing alice bands 

Stupid coloured boots 

Assistant refs - they are LINESMEN FFS 

Totally agree

22 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

A bit embarrassing for the part timers if they can't beat a team on the floor.

Fairly sure it’s because every time they’d lay on the floor, the ref would give them a ball and let them have a free kick 

On 10/01/2021 at 14:30, davey_wells said:

Players who place the ball blatantly outside the quadrant for a corner kick.

Can never really understand why a couple of inches upset people so much.

What advantage does really give?

Why do people get so irate over corner kicks being fractionally outside the quadrant but quite

happily accept players taking free kicks and throw-ins yards from the correct position.

This winds me up far more than an inch or two at a corner kick.:wacko:

• Like 1

astronomical wages That is when the rot set in, when players lost the love of the game  , players overruling management if they can't get there own way and getting them sacked  var , just destroys the game , , soon be four quarters like the American rubbish  parachute payments , And most of all the lay off for the International England games ,

• Like 1

Gloves...I just don't get it.

I've played on frozen rutted pitches all around Sheffield, some that hard your studs sounded like you were on concrete....never, not once, did I think I could use a pair of gloves to ease the cold.

Someone told me once it's the fashion......fashion ffs.....can you imagine Mike Lyons ever wearing gloves, he wore stitches he had put in while waiting to come back on.

• Like 1