A third of the t/f window gone and ............

19 hours ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Calm down...

There have only been 11 transfers / loans in to Championship clubs this window so far (from BBC website) so we're not exactly lagging behind our rivals.

I don’t think it’s a case of lagging behind our rivals. We’ve been short in some areas since the season started so it’s just odd to have to wait nearly another month to bring anyone in. It’s not like we are in a comfortable league position so it doesn’t matter.

Every game between now and whenever the season ends is important so it’s vital to get your best squad available for each match. We already have a Covid issue with the squad to contend with too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Toro said:

I don’t think it’s a case of lagging behind our rivals. We’ve been short in some areas since the season started so it’s just odd to have to wait nearly another month to bring anyone in. It’s not like we are in a comfortable league position so it doesn’t matter.

Every game between now and whenever the season ends is important so it’s vital to get your best squad available for each match. We already have a Covid issue with the squad to contend with too.

Maybe nobody will sign while we have a covid issue :ph34r:

Regardless of the whys and wherefores of Pulis’ sacking, once this decision was made then that put the mockers on this window being as busy as we needed it to be?

In true Wednesday fashion we are standing still while other teams go about signing players to help their respective cause?

Now I appreciate the pandemic is playing it’s part but it’s the same for most clubs. We’re staring relegation in the face and this relegation is one we might not recover from but as welcome as the three recent wins have been, I suspect this has gone some way to convincing the Chairman that we don’t have to be as active as we probably need to be?

These next two league games are absolutely crucial and will go a long way to deciding our fate?

Just seen the Thompson interview with the Sheffield Star regarding signings and it looks like he has been told to keep his nose out and get on with coaching and managing the players.

Two managers that know a lot more about football than Chansiri have said we need players, football pundits and reporters are still saying we need players, the fans are still saying we need players, but our chairman, who knows very little about football, insists that his head coach's must get us promoted, yet spends very little money on the players we are desperate for, while telling fans he is doing everything he can to get us promoted.

Before the transfer windows have opened in the past, it was obvious that we had no plans in place for signing players, other than wait until the last minute and try to grab whoever was left on the last day for as little as possible. Deals should already be agreed by both parties, talks had with the relevant players and signatures ready to be signed on the first days of the window. That is how teams do it that are serious about getting the players they want and need. We are not one of those club. Unfortunately we are one of those joke clubs that takes every opportunity to mess things up at the top level and blame everybody lower down that has to deal with the mess left behind. Fed up of ths lies now. Smoke and mirrors, spin, being economical with the truth etc are just words that are trying to say lies in a nice cosy way. We are being lied to, pure and simple. Chansiri is a liar and should start being honest with everybody instead of avoiding telling us the truth. He is not trying to win promotion and has shown no such ambition since just over 3 years ago. He is trying to run the club on the lowest amount of money as possible, hopefully without us going down, and hopefully with somebody else coming in with their own money.

We will only bring in a couple of mediocre players at best, possibly on top of loans to replace the returned lian players, in an attempt to bolster the side and keep us up. I hate to think what will happen in the summer with another big list of players having contracts due.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Just seen the Thompson interview with the Sheffield Star regarding signings and it looks like he has been told to keep his nose out and get on with coaching and managing the players.

Two managers that know a lot more about football than Chansiri have said we need players, football pundits and reporters are still saying we need players, the fans are still saying we need players, but our chairman, who knows very little about football, insists that his head coach's must get us promoted, yet spends very little money on the players we are desperate for, while telling fans he is doing everything he can to get us promoted.

Before the transfer windows have opened in the past, it was obvious that we had no plans in place for signing players, other than wait until the last minute and try to grab whoever was left on the last day for as little as possible. Deals should already be agreed by both parties, talks had with the relevant players and signatures ready to be signed on the first days of the window. That is how teams do it that are serious about getting the players they want and need. We are not one of those club. Unfortunately we are one of those joke clubs that takes every opportunity to mess things up at the top level and blame everybody lower down that has to deal with the mess left behind. Fed up of ths lies now. Smoke and mirrors, spin, being economical with the truth etc are just words that are trying to say lies in a nice cosy way. We are being lied to, pure and simple. Chansiri is a liar and should start being honest with everybody instead of avoiding telling us the truth. He is not trying to win promotion and has shown no such ambition since just over 3 years ago. He is trying to run the club on the lowest amount of money as possible, hopefully without us going down, and hopefully with somebody else coming in with their own money.

We will only bring in a couple of mediocre players at best, possibly on top of loans to replace the returned lian players, in an attempt to bolster the side and keep us up. I hate to think what will happen in the summer with another big list of players having contracts due.

More than half the window left yet, you should probably have kept your flouncing powder dry until the last few days.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

The cynic in me felt there was always more to the timing of Pulis’ sacking than just a run of bad results. Since when did that ever matter during Monk’s reign?

Pretty sure it would suit a cash-strapped owner not to have a manager (and one with the national media’s ear) banging on about the need for new players asap in all his pressers, as soon as they entered the transfer window...

• Like 1

Can’t see any manager appointment or any signings on the horizon.

There are so many factors working against signings happening that I just can’t see anyone coming in at all.

The very slow transfer market is a killer for us as we need other teams to make signings to move players further down the pecking order. 

I think the clincher will be what happens in the games against Cov and Wycombe.

if we get 6 points out of these two games I’d be amazed if any money is spent because we’ll be 16 points from 18 and probably out of the relegation zone. 
For me this would be a ‘false dawn’ with a much harder run of fixtures to follow but I can see it would easily happen. 

On 13/01/2021 at 09:18, Minton said:

More than half the window left yet, you should probably have kept your flouncing powder dry until the last few days.

Nothing like a bit of moist flouncing powder though is there? In my case it usually means that I have just become overwhelmingly and pleasantly surprised!

In André Green's case, I hadn't even had chance to put it back in the flouncing powder jar!

On 13/01/2021 at 09:37, PeakOwl said:

The cynic in me felt there was always more to the timing of Pulis’ sacking than just a run of bad results. Since when did that ever matter during Monk’s reign?

Pretty sure it would suit a cash-strapped owner not to have a manager (and one with the national media’s ear) banging on about the need for new players asap in all his pressers, as soon as they entered the transfer window...

Yeah, it's not that most of us mind Wednesday not spending loads of money on players, it has been the normal state of affairs for most of my time supporting the Owls, but I don't trust chairmen that make out they are really going for it, while criticising fans for not spending more and more money, then not dipping their hand into one of their bottomless pits of money to buy a player that we actually desperately need. Not a random peace offering, not a gamble or punt on a player that your mate is making money out of, but a player, or couple of players that your footballing expert at the club has asked you for. We Desperately need a striker that can put the ball in the net. He could come on a free, he could come on loan, he could come for £10m, but he needs to get the nod of approval from whoever our current football expert is, in the absence of a coach like Pulis, or Monk. If there are any strikers out there that Monk or Pulis genuinely wanted and DC/SWFC can afford to buy them and pay them sensible wages, then there really is no excuse. Get them signed, because whoever comes in as head coach/dogsbody/kicking boy, will need all the help he can get and a striker is pretty essential really. PS we still need a left back and a right back too Mr Chansiri, just as we did when you first arrived.

10 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Oops!

We've just signed Green.

That puts a spanner in this flounce- athon

Not my flounce mate, he did not cost us a penny, he could prove to be a great signing in the future, but didn't Monk want him in the summer? Have our flounces and moaning about DC wasting his money on old crocks and mediocrity while lining his mates pockets finally hit a nerve? I am keeping up my flounce-athon with bells on until we get the kind of striker and two full backs that we have needed since DC came here. How we are going to get them in, unless DC still has Monk's and Pulis's list of wanted players I do not know, but if he does not have such a list I would rather he waits until the summer and makes some proper signings from his new head coach's list, than listen to his old buddy AP or his new buddy EA.

On 13/01/2021 at 10:28, CircleSeven said:

For me this would be a ‘false dawn’ with a much harder run of fixtures to follow but I can see it would easily happen. 

It's all reletive, all clubs are in the same boat right now.

Tbh, I think many chairman will be thinking we are where we are...down to you coaches there is nobody of note coming in and i will not be spending millions this window.

Maybe the top 6 may have a punt..not many others will imho.

We are very much skint which is obvious but even with what we have, we still have a decent chance of avoiding the drop.

The latest buy, Green, hopefully will add to our chances.

I really don't get we must get a manager at all costs asap..it can wait a while longer.

Appointing Cook this afternoon would not mean we would beat Coventry and Wycombe.

For me, we have won 4 out of 5..if it ain't broke no need for emergency maintenance...the main service can wait a month.