A third of the t/f window gone and ............

20 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I agree with the caveat that, whether or not we have a manager, we bring in a left back and a target man. Those two positions are fundamental to any team in the Championship and we desperately need players in those positions. 

Yes, but what kind of left-back are we looking for?

An attack-minded full-back who's going to be an integral part of our attacking play?

A solid, defence-first option to sit in and keep us tight?

There's no point recruiting a player only to bring in a new manager whose style they may not suit. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Chansiri has made one good decision since being here and getting rid of pulis was it.

Just fancy, letting pullis loose with dosh...

Kin ell...dunt bear thinking about.

I suspect Pulis would’ve been looking for the type of experienced proven championship players that we used to sign in the early days of DC?

Those days look to be over for the time being?

Just now, Jim said:

I suspect Pulis would’ve been looking for the type of experienced proven championship players that we used to sign in the early days of DC?

Come on Jim

Give it up

Pulis was awful

You promised he'd be better than Monk 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Come on Jim

Give it up

Pulis was awful

You promised he'd be better than Monk 

I thought he would be. Can’t quite believe it went as spectacularly wrong as it did. Says a lot when NT has got more in 3 games out of this squad than either Monk or Pulis did in the last 12 months.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, El Toro said:

The only way we can recruit without a manager in place is if we were a team like Brentford who have continuity and an identity. As we have neither it’s hard for any new manager to work with whoever is brought in to fill the squad in the meantime.

Or recruitment around here has long seen the manager as a rather peripheral figure for some reason?

:ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Calm down...

There have only been 11 transfers / loans in to Championship clubs this window so far (from BBC website) so we're not exactly lagging behind our rivals.

We say this every transfer window though. 'Calm down everyone, it will be all right, no one else is really signing anyone' (

We have no left back or anyone who can play up front properly. 

We have pretty much, bar 2 or 3, every single transfer window since 2000, made the same or similar excueses. That's 40 transfer windows we needed to calm down in.

Name the successful ones. Name the ones where a bit of foresight, a couple of signings here or there have added what we needed to the squad, allowing us to progress. 

THERE HAVEN'T BEEN ANY IN 20 YEARS (maybe 2) 

THAT'S 2 DECENT WINDOWS OUT OF 40!

And here we go again.

We continue to be a mess. An absolute farce. 

But hey ho, maybe the next one will be better, fingers crossed...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hotten Owl said:

We say this every transfer window though. 'Calm down everyone, it will be all right, no one else is really signing anyone' (

We have no left back or anyone who can play up front properly. 

We have pretty much, bar 2 or 3, every single transfer window since 2000, made the same or similar excueses. That's 40 transfer windows we needed to calm down in.

Name the successful ones. Name the ones where a bit of foresight, a couple of signings here or there have added what we needed to the squad, allowing us to progress. 

THERE HAVEN'T BEEN ANY IN 20 YEARS (maybe 2) 

THAT'S 2 DECENT WINDOWS OUT OF 40!

And here we go again.

We continue to be a mess. An absolute farce. 

But hey ho, maybe the next one will be better, fingers crossed...

It is what it is. Until we have a manager in place which is hopefully in the position for the rest of the season what can be done. The fact Thompson is not involved shows dc has a different management team in mind. If that fails his 2nd or 3rd choice must be Thompson. Soon as a permanent manager is in charge we should then see something in the transfer market. 

Its not as though we have missed out on any exciting players in the meantime. 

January window is always 99%of the transfers are done on the final day. 

A farce would be signing players willy nilly now that may be no improvement on the players we currently have. 

Just because we have not seen any signings as yet does not mean that nothing is being done in regards to improving the squad. 

As soon as Pulis was sacked we knew there would be no more desperately needed players coming in didn't we. Chansiri said this was only a short window and we have spent next to nothing for three years, so why now? Managerless, clueless and strikerless, it's clasdic Wednesday style under Chansiri.

• Like 1

On 10/01/2021 at 19:58, Jim said:

Says a lot when NT has got more in 3 games out of this squad than either Monk or Pulis did in the last 12 months.

This is what worries me.  I can see DC thinking "why spend money on a new manager or new players when I have someone in post now who's doing the job ok"

On 10/01/2021 at 16:51, Jim said:

Some more Centre backs to fill the Striker and Wing positions I imagine.